    Also am I right in thinking that everyone that ran a firewall was saved from
    the Blasterworm?
    TIA.

    TRADESMAN, Aug 15, 2003

  2. TRADESMAN

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:23:44 +0100, "TRADESMAN" <>
    scribbled:

    >I run Ad Aware..ZA....AVG Spyware Blaster and PopupPopper.
    >Am I Paranoid or can I drop some (or one ) of these?
    >I only asked because AdAware picked up 54(I nearly died!!!) objects which
    >AVG didn't and AVG traced 2 Viruses which AdAware failed to do.The
    >infections seemed to have bypassed ZA and Spyware.
    >Also am I right in thinking that everyone that ran a firewall was saved from
    >the Blasterworm?

    AdAware isn't a virus scanner, AVG isn't a spyware stopper.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 15, 2003

  3. TRADESMAN

    Philip SC Guest

    ZA is a firewall, Adaware is a spyware removal tool, AVG is an antivirus
    program. They do different things. Funnily enough, I found that my copy of
    Microsoft Word didn't pick up any spyware or viruses either.

    Philip SC, Aug 15, 2003
  4. TRADESMAN

    TRADESMAN Guest

    So I need them all right?

    TRADESMAN, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Add one more spybot

    In news:Cn3%a.381$,
    TRADESMAN <> typed: With a :)

    § GateKeeper §, Aug 15, 2003
  6. TRADESMAN

    gangle Guest

    Without punctuation, this took three readings for me to
    understand that you meant to suggest to include Spybot to
    the list of needed software ("Add one more: Spybot."). At first,
    I kept asking, "add one more 'spybot' to *what*?" (as in, "Add
    one more potato to the stew."). So, please, before hitting "send"
    again, consider the importance punctuation plays in quickly
    conveying your thoughts accurately into the minds of the
    readers.

    "§ GateKeeper §" wrote

    gangle, Aug 15, 2003
  7. TRADESMAN

    Brian H¹© Guest

    § GateKeeper § said:

    > I will next time thanks. I meant to say add one more to the list of
    > software you'll need to run, Spybot. and I forgot to put the link in.
    > http://www.lavasoft.de
    > I think that's right.

    Nope, that's the link for Ad-Aware.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 15, 2003
  8. TRADESMAN

    Del Price Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    ||| I will next time thanks. I meant to say add one more to the list of
    ||| software you'll need to run, Spybot. and I forgot to put the link
    ||| in. http://www.lavasoft.de
    ||| I think that's right.
    || Nope, that's the link for Ad-Aware.

    Of course, you're too fucking lazy to provide the correct link but are happy
    to point out someone else's mistake, eh.

    You buttnoid.

    Del Price, Aug 15, 2003
  9. TRADESMAN

    bb3 Guest

    "Del Price" <> wrote in message
    Brian H¹© wrote:
    ||| I will next time thanks. I meant to say add one more to the list of
    ||| software you'll need to run, Spybot. and I forgot to put the link
    ||| in. http://www.lavasoft.de
    ||| I think that's right.
    || Nope, that's the link for Ad-Aware.

    Of course, you're too fucking lazy to provide the correct link but are happy
    to point out someone else's mistake, eh.

    You buttnoid.

    <snip>

    Apparently you are too lazy too.

    Spybot Search & Destroy...
    http://security.kolla.de/

    bb3, Aug 15, 2003
  10. TRADESMAN

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Del Price said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> Nope, that's the link for Ad-Aware.

    > Of course, you're too fucking lazy to provide the correct link but are happy
    > to point out someone else's mistake, eh.
    >
    > You buttnoid.

    And you are too preoccupied with trolling to give the link out yourself.

    You snot rag.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 15, 2003
  11. Philip SC wrote:

    > ZA is a firewall, Adaware is a spyware removal tool, AVG is an antivirus
    > program. They do different things. Funnily enough, I found that my copy
    > of Microsoft Word didn't pick up any spyware or viruses either.

    Strange, everyone else who runs it gets them. Are you sure your computer is
    operating properly?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 15, 2003