    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Adam, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Adam

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Adam said:

    > Running Windows ME. When I hover my cursor over menu type icons in IE6
    > or MYIE2 or the status bar/system tray, I don't get any text prompts.
    > However, when hovering over icons in Word and Thunderbird, I do. Any
    > ideas as to what's happening here? Thanks,
    > Adam

    And you really need those PITA bubbles to tell you what is blatantly obvious?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    >Adam said:
    >

    >>Running Windows ME. When I hover my cursor over menu type icons in IE6
    >>or MYIE2 or the status bar/system tray, I don't get any text prompts.
    >>However, when hovering over icons in Word and Thunderbird, I do. Any
    >>ideas as to what's happening here? Thanks,
    >>Adam
    >>

    >And you really need those PITA bubbles to tell you what is blatantly obvious?

    Got me there, guy. I have no idea what "PITA bubble" refers to. And,
    what's so blatantly obvious? I'm asking for help and your giving me a
    puzzle to solve. Come on, gimme a break.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Adam, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Adam

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Adam said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Adam said:
    >>

    >>> Running Windows ME. When I hover my cursor over menu type icons in IE6
    >>> or MYIE2 or the status bar/system tray, I don't get any text prompts.
    >>> However, when hovering over icons in Word and Thunderbird, I do. Any
    >>> ideas as to what's happening here? Thanks,
    >>> Adam
    >>>

    >> And you really need those PITA bubbles to tell you what is blatantly obvious?
    >>

    > Got me there, guy. I have no idea what "PITA bubble" refers to. And,
    > what's so blatantly obvious? I'm asking for help and your giving me a
    > puzzle to solve. Come on, gimme a break.

    PITA - Pain In The Arse
    Bubble - The "text prompts" that you are not seeing.

    If you need have text show which button is back, right, home, favourites etc,
    change your setting to "show text labels".
    Right click the toolbar and choose customize.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    >Adam said:
    >

    >>Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>>And you really need those PITA bubbles to tell you what is blatantly obvious?
    >>>

    >>Got me there, guy. I have no idea what "PITA bubble" refers to. And,
    >>what's so blatantly obvious? I'm asking for help and your giving me a
    >>puzzle to solve. Come on, gimme a break.
    >>

    >PITA - Pain In The Arse
    >Bubble - The "text prompts" that you are not seeing.
    >
    >If you need have text show which button is back, right, home, favourites etc,
    >change your setting to "show text labels".
    >Right click the toolbar and choose customize.

    Thanks for the clarification. Don't like text labels as they take up
    too much room, tooltips are neater. I know most of the icons but I've
    got so many in MYIE that I do forget some. Anyway, I can get the
    tooltips to show in MYIE, IE6 and Windows Explorer by first left
    clicking in area of icon and then tooltips will show for all icons in
    that menu area as cursor passes over them. However, if cursor moves out
    of area, no tooltips show. Also, no matter what I do, tooltips don't
    show in status bar and system tray...they used to, though.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Adam, Mar 4, 2004