    where this doesn't happen at all.
    Thanks
    Lady R

    Lady Rhyanon, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Lady Rhyanon

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:31:47 -0400, Lady Rhyanon wrote:

    >How do I stop this box from popping up every time I hover over text? All it
    >does is show the same text that is there, like when I open OE and hover over

    OE 6 narrows things down to some version of MS Windows, but you didn't
    say what version of Windows.

    If it's Win XP, try these sites as well
    http://www.aumha.org/
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    >the name of this group in my list of newsgroups. I would like to fix it
    >where this doesn't happen at all.

    Use the often mentioned www.google.com and http://support.microsoft.com/
    for MS products.

    You will find these sort of things,

    How do I disable the tooltips in Windows XP and Windows 2000 for ...
    How do I disable the tooltips in Windows XP and Windows 2000 for the
    Minimize,
    Maximize, and Close buttons? John Savill InstantDoc #22127 ...
    www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/22127/22127.html - Similar pages

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288186
    The new Windows XP interface is enabled by default in the Home Edition
    and Professional edition.

    At some point, you may want to disable some of the new interface
    components in order to improve the computer's performance. This article
    describes how to enable or disable all or parts of the new interface in
    Windows XP.

    Windows XP help - suppress small yellow popups
    A Windows XP forum covering all aspects of Windows XP problems acting as
    webgateway with the finest ... I suspect you can't disable tooltips
    entirely. ...
    www.pcbanter.net/archive/index.php/t-786187suppress-small-yellow-popups.html
    - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Lady Rhyanon

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:31:47 -0400, "Lady Rhyanon" <> wrote:

    >How do I stop this box from popping up every time I hover over text? All it
    >does is show the same text that is there, like when I open OE and hover over
    >the name of this group in my list of newsgroups. I would like to fix it
    >where this doesn't happen at all.
    >Thanks
    >Lady R

    Disable Windows® XP's Balloon Tips
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_balloontips.htm

    HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729

    Unk, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Lady Rhyanon

    Lady Rhyanon Guest

    Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to find these for me.
    Lady R

    Lady Rhyanon, Jul 24, 2005
  5. Lady Rhyanon

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:58:20 -0400, Lady Rhyanon wrote:

    >Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to find these for me.
    >Lady R

    YW. Hope one of them actually does what you want :)

    >> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:31:47 -0400, Lady Rhyanon wrote:
    >>
    >>>How do I stop this box from popping up every time I hover over text? All
    >>>it
    >>>does is show the same text that is there, like when I open OE and hover

    <snip>

    why?, Jul 24, 2005
  6. Lady Rhyanon

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:57:16 -0400 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then Unk <> wrote :

    >On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:31:47 -0400, "Lady Rhyanon" <> wrote:
    >
    >>How do I stop this box from popping up every time I hover over text? All it
    >>does is show the same text that is there, like when I open OE and hover over
    >>the name of this group in my list of newsgroups. I would like to fix it
    >>where this doesn't happen at all.
    >>Thanks
    >>Lady R
    >>

    >Disable Windows® XP's Balloon Tips
    >http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_balloontips.htm
    >
    >HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729

    Ditto.Doug's place is great :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,