Tools for studying for 70-210- Pls Help

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by AgentM, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. AgentM

    AgentM Guest

    Hi,

    I am interested in appearing for 70-210 exam ie. Windowws 2000.....

    If somebeody can give me tips on the following it will be very helpful:-

    1. Which are the good preparation guides for this exam. I am interested
    in something that will preapre me quickly for this exam. Pls tell me
    about books, study guides and websites.

    2. How much time will it require?

    3. If there is anybody else out there who wants to team up with me for
    this exam, that will be nice too.

    Thank you very much.

    AgentM, Jul 18, 2003

  2. AgentM

    shaqq Guest

    Dude, this topic is old I want to cry.

    There is a ton of info on this test on the web.

    Don't ask for info that already exists. It wastes
    everyone's time.

    Start here: www.microsoft.com

    shaqq, Jul 18, 2003

  3. AgentM

    AgentM Guest

    There is actually too much information there.

    If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
    share, pls post.

    Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
    like me who have the same deliemna.

    AgentM, Jul 18, 2003
  4. AgentM

    licknlabia Guest

    Another way to look at the previous response in relation to your future
    job...

    If you can't disect all of the information on the web, how do you expect to
    dissect the information of a problem you have to troubleshoot when you get
    10pages of hits coming from google. If you are going to be an effective sys
    admin, this is ultimately a skill you are going to need to have....

    If you want to be an effective sys admin, there really is no such thing as
    too much information as you will always be expected to dissect a lot of
    problems that will require you to go through your declared *too much
    information*

    - peace

    licknlabia, Jul 18, 2003
  5. AgentM

    Andy Foster Guest

    "AgentM" <> wrote in message

    > There is actually too much information there.
    >
    > If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
    > share, pls post.
    >
    > Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
    > like me who have the same deliemna.

    There is actually too little information here. It is considered good
    practice to quote portions of text that you are replying to.
    Many study guides will contain more information than you need to pass the
    exam. These are generally known as *good* study guides. The names of some of
    them are hidden carefully within this newsgroup.

    If there is anybody out there who has got some new and relevant questions to
    ask, pls post.

    Others don't waste your time asking stupid and/or frequently asked/answered
    questions, my time and people like me who see the same posts day after day.

    Andy Foster, Jul 19, 2003
  6. AgentM

    Gary - US Guest

    Well put Lickn.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Jul 19, 2003
  7. It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
    hearing, and others by doing.

    The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach which
    contains most or all variables.

    1. Read a good study guide book. I like Sybex, but I do not study computer
    languages, I study Networking. Check out your local library or online or at
    the local bookstore and look over the different books for your study
    subject. Usually something which has the test objectives, clearly explains
    those objectives (how-to) with examples, labs or assignments and real world
    scenarios are the best overall. You may want something simple and
    staight-forward. Depends on how you best take in info.

    2. Hand-on practice. This is excellent for those who need to do it to
    retain it. It is a must have for me! Practice applying the concepts you
    read.

    3. Begin practice tests. Even if you know all the info, the testing is
    weird to me and I often fail tests when I begon practice. Practice as many
    tests as you can until you can make the 90% mark. Gets you in the proper
    mindset for the test. EVERY DAY.

    4. Instruction Class or group review to study. This is good for more
    in-depth understanding of any concept which does not "gel" in your head.
    Videos or forums or good alternatives for low-cost learning. Plus real
    world experience.

    5. Oral questions. helps to have a group question and answer session to
    see if you can answer the questions verbally to ensure better understanding.

    6. LISTS. If you have memorization for the exam like lists. Then practice
    hand writing the lists from memory until you can do it all by memory. Then
    you can use the paper or erase pad provided at the exam to dump these memory
    specific lists before you begin the exam, so you can use it as a reference
    instead of your memory. (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
    worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

    7. PRACTICE EXAMS. Keep practicing on as many exams as you can find until
    you get it right!!!

    You can also use study guides and exam guides like transcenders, exam-cram
    and others, which you can purchase online. Or find free online. Here are
    some free sites online: www.mcmcse.com www.certguide.com and search for
    free online guides and practice test questions.

    Diana K Brown, Jul 24, 2003
  8. "Diana K Brown" <> wrote in message
    > It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
    > hearing, and others by doing.

    I vote for number three.

    > The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach which
    > contains most or all variables.

    Uh huhuhuh she said "multiple."

    > 2. Hand-on practice.

    I like this concept, but only one hand?.

    > 5. Oral questions.

    Uh huhuhuh she said "Oral." I like that concept even more.

    > (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
    > worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

    Somehow, this sounds backwards.

    --
    Fris "R U Hawt?" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 24, 2003
  9. AgentM

    Gary - US Guest

    www.hawtornot.com

    Gary - US, Jul 25, 2003