toolbars?....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fido, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. fido

    fido Guest

    Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    please.
     
    fido, Sep 28, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. fido

    Toolman Tim Guest

    fido wrote:
    > Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    > starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    > please.


    Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.

    --
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
     
    Toolman Tim, Sep 28, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. fido wrote:
    > Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    > starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    > please.


    Control Panel, Add/Remove software
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005
    #3
  4. fido

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > fido wrote:
    >> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in
    >> the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
    >> space..help please.

    >
    > Control Panel, Add/Remove software


    Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

    --
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
     
    Toolman Tim, Sep 28, 2005
    #4
  5. fido

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> fido wrote:
    >>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in
    >>> the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
    >>> space..help please.

    >>
    >> Control Panel, Add/Remove software

    >
    > Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>


    On 'this' server, yours appears first, in an almost dead heat.
    --
    Ties will be decided by irresponsible gunplay.
     
    trout, Sep 28, 2005
    #5
  6. trout wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Rôgêr wrote:
    >>
    >>>fido wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in
    >>>>the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
    >>>>space..help please.
    >>>
    >>>Control Panel, Add/Remove software

    >>
    >>Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

    >
    >
    > On 'this' server, yours appears first, in an almost dead heat.


    I'm ahead two to one now.
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005
    #6
  7. fido

    fido Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > fido wrote:
    >
    >>Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    >>starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    >>please.

    >
    >
    > Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
    >

    Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
    of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
    whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I should
    be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.
     
    fido, Sep 28, 2005
    #7
  8. fido wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> fido wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    >>> starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    >>> please.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
    > of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
    > whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I should
    > be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.


    Would it be safe to assume you've looked at View > Toolbars and
    deselected there?
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005
    #8
  9. fido

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    > Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>


    This post, and your orginal and roger original all show 20:12 here. A
    triple header.
     
    Plato, Sep 28, 2005
    #9
  10. fido

    fido Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > fido wrote:
    >
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> fido wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
    >>>> starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
    >>>> please.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
    >> of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
    >> whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I
    >> should be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.

    >
    >
    > Would it be safe to assume you've looked at View > Toolbars and
    > deselected there?

    Yes,,,whther I click on view or right click the toolbar ..whether I
    select or deselect the toolbar makes no difference... that's the problem.
     
    fido, Sep 28, 2005
    #10
  11. fido

    trout Guest

    fido wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> fido wrote:
    >>
    >>> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> fido wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them
    >>>>> in the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
    >>>>> space..help please.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of
    >>> liked to of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have
    >>> to decide whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems
    >>> like I
    >>> should be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able
    >>> to.

    >>
    >>
    >> Would it be safe to assume you've looked at View > Toolbars and
    >> deselected there?


    > Yes,,,whther I click on view or right click the toolbar ..whether I
    > select or deselect the toolbar makes no difference... that's the
    > problem.


    And the toolbars are "unlocked"? Sounds like there's a problem with
    it, and it should be uninstalled anyway. You could reinstall now, and
    see if it works, or wait until you want to use it (it's not likely to
    become unavailable for download any time soon.
    Of course, you could just grab your toolbar by the bottom edge, and
    'push it up' to hide it.
    --
    If you just want more viewing room.
     
    trout, Sep 28, 2005
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. GerryB

    Unwanted toolbars in i.e. 6

    GerryB, Jun 25, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,465
    Robin T Cox
    Jun 27, 2003
  2. wps
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    735
    Jim K
    Jul 8, 2004
  3. quantum

    toolbars minimizing

    quantum, Dec 8, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    453
    quantum
    Dec 9, 2004
  4. Dan
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    477
  5. Pete
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    658
Loading...

Share This Page