    likely anything else I can do.

    Thanks for looking at this

    Bill
    WeeWilly, Jan 9, 2006

  2. WeeWilly wrote:

    > Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now
    > twice as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal
    > height.. but is either double height or disappears into the bottom of
    > the screen? Was alright until I played some music.. but doubt that
    > had anything to do with it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

    Place the mouse at the top edge of the taskbar. It will turn into a
    two-headed arrow. At that point, click, hold, and drag slowly downward.
    Slowly. When it is back to a one-button thickness, release the mouse
    button.

    > Guess I could try to go back and do a restore..

    That would be overkill ...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2006

  3. WeeWilly

    fred-bloggs Guest

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006
  4. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
    thank you very much for trying to help.

    WeeWilly, Jan 9, 2006
  5. WeeWilly

    Alan Guest

    WeeWilly wrote:
    > As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
    > thank you very much for trying to help.

    >>WeeWilly wrote:
    >>

    >>>Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now
    >>>twice as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal
    >>>height.. but is either double height or disappears into the bottom of
    >>>the screen? Was alright until I played some music.. but doubt that
    >>>had anything to do with it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

    >>Place the mouse at the top edge of the taskbar. It will turn into a
    >>two-headed arrow. At that point, click, hold, and drag slowly downward.
    >>Slowly. When it is back to a one-button thickness, release the mouse
    >>button.
    >>

    >>>Guess I could try to go back and do a restore..

    >>That would be overkill ...
    >>
    >>--
    >> -bts
    >> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    When you right-mouse click on the task bar, un-check Lock toolbar then
    resize it.
    Alan, Jan 10, 2006
  6. WeeWilly wrote:

    > As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
    > thank you very much for trying to help.

    I saw that and was why I emphasized "slowly". I have watched others do
    this, and they move the mouse more than a wee bit and the top of the
    taskbar goes to the border. When I say "slowly...", they figure it out.

    Alan's suggestion to unlock, resize, and lock is a good one, too.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 10, 2006
  7. WeeWilly

    Guest

    and its wise to post a response once you've solved the problem too....
    Looks like Alan should put you back on track
    , Jan 10, 2006