    --
    Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland
    To reply direct remove FILTER from

    Stuart Johnson, Oct 24, 2007

  2. Stuart Johnson

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:24:41 +0100, Stuart Johnson wrote:

    >I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
    >use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
    >longer works.
    >
    >What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
    >desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
    >files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
    >simple which I like.

    Keep looking then, otherwise you are most likely going to get replies
    for stuff you have already rejected.

    >Any suggestions please?

    Usual shareware / freeware sites and www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Stuart Johnson

    dadiOH Guest

    Stuart Johnson wrote:
    > I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used
    > to use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
    > longer works.
    >
    > What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of
    > the desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
    > files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
    > simple which I like.
    >
    > Any suggestions please?

    You can't just make your own in XP? With Win98 you can create
    taskbars at all sides of the desktop (3 more) and put as many toolbars
    on each as you want/have room for.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 24, 2007
  4. Stuart Johnson

    MJP Guest

    "Stuart Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
    > use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
    > longer works.
    >
    > What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
    > desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
    > files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
    > simple which I like.
    >
    > Any suggestions please?

    Create a folder, put the shortcuts you want in your toolbar in it.

    Right click in the tasbar, select Toolbars, new toolbar, point it at the
    folder you created previously.

    Drag the resultant toolbar to the top the top of the screen and modify to
    suit your needs.

    MJP

    MJP, Oct 24, 2007
  5. Stuart Johnson

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Stuart - This is the best replacement for the MS Shortcut Bar from Office
    2000 (which would be my first recommendation if you have O2K available):

    http://freebar.sourceforge.net/en/

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd,
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine,

    In news:,
    Stuart Johnson <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Oct 24, 2007
  6. Stuart Johnson

    Guest

    Stuart Johnson <> wrote:

    >I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
    >use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
    >longer works.
    >
    >What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
    >desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
    >files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
    >simple which I like.
    >
    >Any suggestions please?

    PowerPro what I use http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
    you can really do anything with this program. Very small foot print
    and hassle free. And you can have your toolbars anywhere, even hidden
    until your mouse touches the edge of the screen,

    Or "the other one"
    Autoit a few people like it very much, I haven't really used it.
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

    --

    bubble wrap.
    http://public.aregner.com/bubblewrap.swf