toolbar buttons, etc...

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by StreetMedic, Mar 22, 2007.

  1. StreetMedic

    StreetMedic Guest

    Hiya,

    Just as a preliminary question to throw out there, before I start
    posting program version numbers, installed extensions, etc., just
    thought I'd quickly ask:

    Anyone here ever run into a problem with their toolbars & toolbar
    buttons not "sticking"?

    This just started happening a few days ago. My buttons had change
    sizes, the text disappeared, my customized toolbar and its associated
    buttons all vanished.

    I try to rearrange things back the way it was. Things look great, but
    then as soon as Firefox restarts: boom, right back to the way I *didn't*
    want it.

    It's as if the settings, for whatever reason, are not "sticking" anymore.

    /shrug

    Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this type of thing they could
    share?

    I'd appreciate it.

    Thanx,

    S-M
    StreetMedic, Mar 22, 2007

  2. StreetMedic wrote:
    > Hiya,
    >
    > Just as a preliminary question to throw out there, before I start
    > posting program version numbers, installed extensions, etc., just
    > thought I'd quickly ask:
    >
    > Anyone here ever run into a problem with their toolbars & toolbar
    > buttons not "sticking"?
    >
    > This just started happening a few days ago. My buttons had change
    > sizes, the text disappeared, my customized toolbar and its associated
    > buttons all vanished.
    >
    > I try to rearrange things back the way it was. Things look great, but
    > then as soon as Firefox restarts: boom, right back to the way I *didn't*
    > want it.
    >
    > It's as if the settings, for whatever reason, are not "sticking" anymore.
    >
    > /shrug
    >
    > Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this type of thing they could
    > share?
    >
    > I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > S-M

    The file which stores your customizations, localstore.rdf is probably
    corrupt. See this article for guidance:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 22, 2007

  3. StreetMedic

    StreetMedic Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > The file which stores your customizations, localstore.rdf is probably
    > corrupt. See this article for guidance:
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks much, Lee. Worked like a charm!