    http://www.harmonyhollow.net/aab.shtml

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    JohnB

    johnnyzero, Oct 1, 2005

  2. johnnyzero

    Rom Guest

    On 30 Sep 2005 17:07:35 -0700, johnnyzero wrote:

    >I'm kinda new to FireFox, but I'm looking for a SIMPLE to use extension
    >that'll let me create custom Toolbar buttons (to run some external
    >program or go to a URL). I've already checked out "Customizable Toolbar
    >Buttons", but it's not very easy to use. I'm looking for something more
    >along the lines of Add-A-Button for IE:
    >http://www.harmonyhollow.net/aab.shtml

    External Application Buttons 0.7.2 works with Firefox 1.0.7:
    <http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?s=7cf81c57b2198e40aa286b573ffea69a&showtopic=40>

    Install and restart Firefox.
    Go to "View > Toolbars > Customize..."
    Find "Applications" and drag onto your toolbar.
    Right-click where you dragged to, select "New Button...", and follow
    your nose.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Rom wrote:
    > On 30 Sep 2005 17:07:35 -0700, johnnyzero wrote:
    >
    >> I'm kinda new to FireFox, but I'm looking for a SIMPLE to use extension
    >> that'll let me create custom Toolbar buttons (to run some external
    >> program or go to a URL). I've already checked out "Customizable Toolbar
    >> Buttons", but it's not very easy to use. I'm looking for something more
    >> along the lines of Add-A-Button for IE:
    >> http://www.harmonyhollow.net/aab.shtml

    > External Application Buttons 0.7.2 works with Firefox 1.0.7:
    > <http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?s=7cf81c57b2198e40aa286b573ffea69a&showtopic=40>
    >
    > Install and restart Firefox.
    > Go to "View > Toolbars > Customize..."
    > Find "Applications" and drag onto your toolbar.
    > Right-click where you dragged to, select "New Button...", and follow
    > your nose.

    Second that recommendation, it works beautifully from here.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 1, 2005
  4. johnnyzero

    johnnyzero Guest

    Thanks guys - works great for adding external app buttons. I had come
    across External Application Buttons in my travels, but for some reason
    I didn't think it was compatible w/ v1.0.7 so I didn't download and try
    it.

    Now if I could just find an easy way to add buttons to go to a specific
    URL. I tried forcing External Application Buttons to point to an
    existing internet shortcut, but it doesn't work.

    Again, any info will be MUCH appreciated.

    JohnB

    johnnyzero, Oct 1, 2005
  5. johnnyzero uitte de volgende tekst op 1/10/2005 16:08:
    > Now if I could just find an easy way to add buttons to go to a specific
    > URL. I tried forcing External Application Buttons to point to an
    > existing internet shortcut, but it doesn't work.

    Huh? Why don't you use the bookmarks toolbar for this?

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 1, 2005
  6. johnnyzero

    johnnyzero Guest

    Thanks a lot, Hendrick - that's perfect! As I said previously, I'm new
    to FireFox so please excuse my ignorance. I had assumed that the
    "Bookmarks" toolbar would display all my Bookmarks or something.

    I also discovered that I can move any External Application Buttons I've
    created (see previous posts) onto the Bookmarks toolbar. That's exactly
    what I was trying to do: create a secondary toolbar just for
    frequently-used URL's & apps. Here's a screen grab of my toolbars (of
    course I'll be adding more URL's & apps as needed):

    http://www.frontiernet.net/~johnnyzero/firefoxtoolbar.jpg

    thanks again,
    JohnB

    johnnyzero, Oct 1, 2005