    I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
    now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
    what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

    Nik Coughlin, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <43f26cd6$>, says...
    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP, where
    > I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
    > now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
    > what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

    Filemon, Diskmon, Regmon - from SysInternals - URL at the obvious.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in

    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
    > where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
    > monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
    > installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
    > install?

    Novell Zenworks Snapshot
    or
    http://www.epsilonsquared.com/
    InstallWatch records modifications made to your PC during the
    installation of software, hardware, or configuration changes.

    InstallRite - Install it right everytime

    InstallRite (which includes all the features of InstallWatch) provides
    "application cloning" as opposed to "disk cloning", simplifying software
    distribution.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Nik Coughlin

    PC Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
    > where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
    > monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
    > installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
    > install?

    Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite, got mine of a magazine disk.

    Paul.

    PC, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Nik Coughlin

    bambam Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in

    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
    > where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
    > monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
    > installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
    > install?

    Total Uninstall
    Freeware

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#0777-PW

    bambam, Feb 15, 2006
  6. Nik Coughlin

    Rob J Guest

    In article <43f26cd6$>, says...
    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP, where
    > I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
    > now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
    > what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

    Ghost AI bUilder with the Ghost suite

    Also the snapshot thingy from unattended.msfn.com

    Rob J, Feb 15, 2006