    I failed my 70-216 exam today. I can't stand how this
    feels. It sucks. I'm hoping to retake next week. I'll
    be glad when I'm done.

    mchappell, Aug 15, 2003

  2. mchappell

    David Guest

    What do you think the reason was for failing the exam?
    Do you feel you didn't study enough or didn't have the
    practical experience backing you up? I'm just curious
    because I'll be taking the 70-215 soon and would like to
    get your feedback. Thanks.

    David, Aug 15, 2003

  3. mchappell

    pixie_j Guest

    failed this exam twice prior to taming the beast. All I
    can suggest is that you study hard and practice,
    practice, practice all the elements required for this
    certification. I found setting up a network via VMware
    was particularly useful to practice setting up and
    troubleshooting the aspects required outside my working
    environment. Good luck with taming the beast

    pixie_j, Aug 15, 2003
  4. mchappell

    John Kerr Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:21:06 -0700, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >What do you think the reason was for failing the exam?
    >Do you feel you didn't study enough or didn't have the
    >practical experience backing you up? I'm just curious
    >because I'll be taking the 70-215 soon and would like to
    >get your feedback. Thanks.

    215 is a cakewalk. This is the Beast we're talking about.

    Actually, I'm surprised that so many people choose to do 216 as part
    of the MCSA as it's not a core.

    I did Exchange 2000 (224? 244?) instead - a nice straightforward exam
    that will also count towards my MCSE, and am planning to do 216 as my
    final exam for MCSE status.

    Do the easy ones first! It will build your confidence, increase your
    knowledge of MS exams, and you'll get those first exams quicker.

    John Kerr, Aug 15, 2003
  5. mchappell

    Marko Guest

    Michael: This is the type of post that causes me to stop
    and really think. I always wonder what can be said that
    will have a profound positive effect 'cause it's obvious
    that this sought of thing really hurts.

    I can only imagine that you felt sick in the stomach when
    the result came back after you pushed the submit icon. No
    doubt you started replaying the whole exam in your mind,
    trying to recall the questions and the answers you gave
    and possibly genuinely wondering why you did not have
    enough right answers to pass.

    On the way home, the disbelief doesn't go away and you
    couldn't get it out of your head. So you went and posted
    the now famous "Took the beast and lost" message.
    Famous 'cause your posts until now have been limited and
    more positive. Probably took just a few moments for
    yourself before devising a hazy plan in your head as to
    how you would move on from here - days to study, what to
    look over, day to take the test again.

    If you do nothing else: Go to the web site and print out
    the objectives. Whenever you start reading, read the
    objectives first and then follow up your study by looking
    at the objectives again. This is to cement in your mind
    how what you just did will help you to pass because you
    will see how the objectives relate directly to what you
    have just studied. Every time you read the objectives,
    thoughts will flash into your mind as you read each
    sentence and you will seem to instantly recall large
    volumes of material associated with each objective. The
    more you study, you will be able to recall the points in
    the objectives without reading them and relate them
    directly to your study material. If you have never
    studied this way before, you will be amazed at how you can
    recall large volumes of information by just reading a few
    lines as each point triggers your memory.

    But this has one major benefit: When you can read each
    objective point and recall the associated information with
    ease, you will realize that you really know this stuff and
    your ready to take the test. The only people I know who
    have failed any of the MS Exams are those who struggled to
    link knowledge with too many of the objective points.

    In the words of one famous corporate entity - "Where do
    you want to go Today?" This is what you need to focus on
    RIGHT NOW.

    You know where you want to go weeks or months from now:
    MCSA or MCSE. But this needs to be broken up into
    manageable chunks. Which exams need to be passed. Which
    order to tackle them in. You need to know what you are
    doing TODAY to bring you closer to your goals. And if you
    do something - anything - worthwhile each day then you
    absolutely must get to where you want to be.

    Good luck.

    Marko, Aug 15, 2003
  6. mchappell

    mchappell Guest

    Thanks for all the words of encouragement, they really do
    help. Today, I'm picking myself back up, dusting off,
    and getting ready for round two.

    Thanks again.

    mchappell, Aug 15, 2003
  7. mchappell

    John Kerr Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:38:23 -0700, "mchappell"
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    Good luck and don't feel bad for failing - it's not known as the Beast
    for nothing.

    John Kerr, Aug 15, 2003
  8. mchappell

    Greg Guest

    took it and 218 Sat.. 218 was a breeze.. 216 thou. UGH..

    I detest taking it again.. but back to the studying.

    Greg, Aug 18, 2003