    one of the few places where you could get great honest help without the
    ridiculous flame wars that have become so prevalent in other groups. I
    will continue to monitor it hoping it will survive though.
    Drew, Apr 12, 2012

  2. On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:28:22 -0700, Drew
    <> wrote:

    >Sad to see that this group has become so quiet anymore.This was always
    >one of the few places where you could get great honest help without the
    >ridiculous flame wars that have become so prevalent in other groups. I
    >will continue to monitor it hoping it will survive though.

    Yeah, there's not a lot happening
    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬, Apr 12, 2012

  3. Drew

    BullDawg Guest

    Even the trolls have gone away!

    --
    ______________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    ______________

    BullDawg, Apr 12, 2012
  4. I agree, but once MS killed it on their end, there was little hope we'd
    survive at the level of before.

    Of course the other side of that is that I never expected us to last at
    those levels regardless of MS participation. Primarily becasue the mandate
    of the group is no longer relevant. Keep in mind that we were formed to
    address 64-bit specific problems when 64-bit was on the bleeding edge. It's
    now impossible to buy a server that isn't 64-bit capable, and barely
    possible to buy a client PC that isn't. Plus Windows Server is ONLY
    available in 64-bit, and Windows 7 (and Windows 8) are at complete parity
    with the 32-bit versions. And frankly, I can't even imagine a scenario where
    I would install anything except the 64-bit version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 13, 2012
  5. Drew

    miso Guest

    On 4/12/2012 4:02 PM, Charlie Russel-MVP wrote:
    > I agree, but once MS killed it on their end, there was little hope we'd
    > survive at the level of before.
    >
    > Of course the other side of that is that I never expected us to last at
    > those levels regardless of MS participation. Primarily becasue the
    > mandate of the group is no longer relevant. Keep in mind that we were
    > formed to address 64-bit specific problems when 64-bit was on the
    > bleeding edge. It's now impossible to buy a server that isn't 64-bit
    > capable, and barely possible to buy a client PC that isn't. Plus Windows
    > Server is ONLY available in 64-bit, and Windows 7 (and Windows 8) are at
    > complete parity with the 32-bit versions. And frankly, I can't even
    > imagine a scenario where I would install anything except the 64-bit
    > version.

    There are still issues running 32 bit software. This program gets the
    equivalent of a segmentation fault in Linux. [I forget the MS error code.]
    > http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

    Supposedly I'm the only person that has crashes. I'm tempted to load up
    the XP emulator, but I run the program on an intel Atom, which isn't
    exactly the beefiest hardware.

    I make it a point not to buy hobby shop software because invariably when
    I do, the program is flaky and in theory it works great for everyone
    else. However I was assured this person knows what they are doing.
    miso, Apr 13, 2012
  6. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Hey RC.. I guess that is as good reason as any!

    Drew, Apr 15, 2012
  7. Drew

    Carlos Guest

    Hi Charlie and the rest!
    We may be fading away, but no one can claim our well earned title: We
    were the FIRST brave x64 crew around.
    Long live the x64 settlers.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 1, 2012
  8. Hi, Carlos. We were indeed the pioneers. And we have the arrows in our backs
    to prove it. ;)

    Charlie Russel-MVP, May 1, 2012