    How could I limit the messages and delete all over a week old ones
    please?

    Raj

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 13, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I get too many unread messages and it take a lot of time to open the
    > NG or close it and go to another one.
    >
    > For example on my 24hoursupporthelpdesk, I have 140,000 unread
    > messages appearing.
    >
    > How could I limit the messages and delete all over a week old ones
    > please?
    >
    > Raj

    I was going to answer then I saw it was you. Suffer, you fucking useless
    ****.

    Efrem Schmelz, May 13, 2005

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Kirby Guest

    Efrem Schmelz wrote:
    > Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I get too many unread messages and it take a lot of time to open the
    >>NG or close it and go to another one.
    >>
    >>For example on my 24hoursupporthelpdesk, I have 140,000 unread
    >>messages appearing.
    >>
    >>How could I limit the messages and delete all over a week old ones
    >>please?
    >>
    >>Raj

    > I was going to answer then I saw it was you. Suffer, you fucking useless
    > ****.

    LOL

    Kirby, May 13, 2005
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    philo Guest

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I get too many unread messages and it take a lot of time to open the NG
    > or close it and go to another one.
    >
    > For example on my 24hoursupporthelpdesk, I have 140,000 unread messages
    > appearing.
    >
    > How could I limit the messages and delete all over a week old ones
    > please?
    >
    > Raj

    you are using OE...
    by default it downloads 500 messages...
    however you can set that for any number you wish

    philo, May 13, 2005
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message

    > I get too many unread messages and it take a lot of time to open the
    > NG or close it and go to another one.
    >
    > For example on my 24hoursupporthelpdesk, I have 140,000 unread
    > messages appearing.
    >
    > How could I limit the messages and delete all over a week old ones
    > please?

    Edit

    Catch Up

    That will ensure that only new messages (i.e. messages posted after you do
    the Catch Up) are download. Then to make sure you don't get into the same
    situation again...

    Tools

    Options...

    Maintenance tab

    [ x ] Delete news messages NN days after being downloaded

    Dave Lear, May 13, 2005