    are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    old system!
    Guest, Nov 21, 2003

  2. wrote:
    > notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    > are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    > the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    > old system!

    I resent that implication.

    I have NOT passed MCSE, nor do I intend to, but I certainly think I'm high
    and mighty.

    I'll work on that braggin how I go something in the old system stuff,
    though.

    --
    Fris "Low and weakly" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    you are the idiot in here for the day. i am current on my mcse and hold the
    old ones you toddler fool.

    Consultant, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    How do ya work that out?

    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Re: I'm one of the idots on here

    IFYSHFY
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    Re: I'm one of the idiots on here

    i think he is impersonating someone else

    Consultant, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: I'm one of the idiots on here

    >Anonymous,(If that really is your name)
    lol!
    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2003
  8. Guest

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: I'm one of the idiots on here

    >i think he is impersonating someone else
    .... or he was delegated.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Guest

    Brat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    > are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    > the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    > old system!

    lol yeah... so old system that many here have taken upgrade exams... NT to
    2k... 2k to 2k3... how can that be old system? Or, better yet, how can you
    say they can't pass the new exams when they have already done them years
    ago? A lot on here are many of the first to upgrade to the new OS long
    before a lot of newbies on here... perhaps you should rethink your...
    idiotic ideas
    Brat, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Guest

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    > are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    > the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    > old system!

    I don't have my MCSE. I don't know if I'll ever have it. I'm not too sure I
    want it. I used to want it, then I started drifting towards database stuff.
    Then my marriage fell apart. Then I went bankrupt. Then I was diagnosed
    with cancer. Then my dog died. Then my job went to some yukko in India.
    Then I lost my right arm in a terrible, terrible accident (that is why I
    shy away from penguins now). But all in all, I do think I am high and
    mighty.

    --
    Like a Clydesdale,
    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 21, 2003
  12. Ken Briscoe wrote:
    >> notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    >> are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    >> the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    >> old system!

    > I don't have my MCSE. I don't know if I'll ever have it. I'm not too
    > sure I want it. I used to want it, then I started drifting towards
    > database stuff. Then my marriage fell apart. Then I went bankrupt.
    > Then I was diagnosed with cancer. Then my dog died. Then my job went
    > to some yukko in India. Then I lost my right arm in a terrible,
    > terrible accident (that is why I shy away from penguins now). But all
    > in all, I do think I am high and mighty.

    -sniff-

    Y'all are making me proud to be an MCNGP!

    --
    Fris "I get sentimental... or some kind of mental" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 21, 2003
  13. Guest

    Plain Guest

    Re: I'm one of the idiots on here

    With just one post, you are now an official chapter
    member of MCNGP.

    wtg anonymous, lol

    Plain , Nov 21, 2003
  14. Guest

    CheeseBurger Guest

    Gosh, thats tuff. What a hard life. I guess this would be a bad time to tell
    you that "I Married your ex-wife yesterday, and your 18 year old daughter is
    the lead star in my next prono film". So I wont, well just skip it OK

    --
    Cheeseburger MCSE+M

    CheeseBurger, Nov 21, 2003
  15. Guest

    Jeff Rush Guest

    > > notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    > > are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    > > the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    > > old system!

    > I don't have my MCSE. I don't know if I'll ever have it. I'm not too sure

    > want it. I used to want it, then I started drifting towards database

    stuff.
    > Then my marriage fell apart. Then I went bankrupt. Then I was diagnosed
    > with cancer. Then my dog died. Then my job went to some yukko in India.
    > Then I lost my right arm in a terrible, terrible accident (that is why I
    > shy away from penguins now). But all in all, I do think I am high and
    > mighty.
    >
    > --
    > Like a Clydesdale,
    > KB - MCNGP #26

    But just think, if you played a country song backward, you'd get your wife
    back, your dog back....

    Jeff
    Jeff Rush, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Guest

    Waite, James Guest

    Sorry to hear about your dog.

    Waite, James, Nov 22, 2003
  17. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    That's nothing, I've got cold at the moment.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 22, 2003
  18. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    f.y.i.

    i have heard (i am not an NT MCSE) that the MCSE NT cert holds more value
    that a 2000 or 2003 cert.

    from what i have heard, the exams were much MUCH harder plus on top of
    that, they were adaptive. meaning that if you got a question wrong on the
    exam, you kept getting nailed with the same topic until you got it right.

    as i said, i am not one so i may be wrong. but perhaps some of the older
    MCSE's can comment.

    good luck on being a looooser mr. anonymous.......

    sorry, just drinking beer in the middle fo the day....

    <> wrote in news:01ea01c3b073$3caca1a0
    $:

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 22, 2003
  19. Guest

    Beoweolf Guest

    You may have thought the NT MCSE exams were harder, probably due to the lack
    of 3rd party study aids (I mean real study aids, not BD's). I took several
    certification classes and tests under NT and did find them difficult, - at
    the time. However, when I started down the W2K MCSE track, I decided to
    review some of the NT study material (it was helpful, since some of the
    upgrade and compatibility questions in the Exchange 5.5 and NT upgrade areas
    heavily relied on NT experience)...it was not that detailed or particularly
    hard. Even when I took into consideration that I have been exposed to
    years of OJT, and have much more day-to-day experience than I had in the
    past...still, the nature of the questions were more "benign", more related
    to real work situations. The W2k test were based on Global deployments,
    connectivity and multiple networks. It was a whole new focus, requiring more
    insight and decisions based on value judgements as opposed to what was
    "right" or "wrong".

    My comments are based on the level of detail required to pass the old test,
    it wasn't much. The newer tests can not be passed on memorization, it is not
    enough to know which screens lead to what options. The new tests explored
    areas that are obscure and of value in limited situations, the older,"NT",
    test tended to concentrate of day to day administrative task, things that
    you really needed to know. There is no justification for cheating, but in
    some ways, I can understand why so much fear is generated by the W2K and
    W2k3 tests, you really do need to have experience (or at the very least, a
    practice network) to honestly pass the test. In the NT tests, it was very
    possible to read your way to a passing score, without any actual hands-on.

    Obviously, this is a personal opinion, each person brings a unique set of
    skills to the test, as such my experience is very unlike that of other
    candidates.

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > f.y.i.
    >
    > i have heard (i am not an NT MCSE) that the MCSE NT cert holds more value
    > that a 2000 or 2003 cert.
    >
    > from what i have heard, the exams were much MUCH harder plus on top of
    > that, they were adaptive. meaning that if you got a question wrong on the
    > exam, you kept getting nailed with the same topic until you got it right.
    >
    > as i said, i am not one so i may be wrong. but perhaps some of the older
    > MCSE's can comment.
    >
    > good luck on being a looooser mr. anonymous.......
    >
    > sorry, just drinking beer in the middle fo the day....
    >

    > <> wrote in news:01ea01c3b073$3caca1a0
    > $:
    >
    > > notice everyone that passed the mcse long ago think they
    > > are all high and mighty yet they know they couldn't pass
    > > the new exams so they brag how they go something in the
    > > old system!

    ---
    Beoweolf, Nov 22, 2003
  20. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >i have heard (i am not an NT MCSE) that the MCSE NT cert holds more value
    >that a 2000 or 2003 cert.

    I would imagine there were fewer brain dumps and 'get your mcse quick'
    scams around back in 1996 or earlier.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003