Tony - Video resizing guide

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jun 15, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    This is a step by step guide for resizing videos.
    Install VirtualDub x86 and run it once.
    Install ffdshow 32-bit.
    Run VirtualDub.
    Click on File, Open Video File and choose the file you want to "upsize".
    Now click on Video, Filters...
    Click on Add, choose resize and click Ok.
    In the Relative box choose the upsizing percentage, let's say... 200.
    Click Ok twice.
    Click on Video, Compression...
    Choose ffdshow Video Codec, click Configure.
    Click the "Encode" tab and choose XViD as the Encoder.
    Click Ok twice.
    Click on File, Save As Avi, choose the Save folder and click on Save.
    Wait until the resized file is generated.
    That's the way I did it to resize a 320x240 video to 960 x 720
    An interesting link for video guides and news is www.videohelp.com
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 15, 2008

  2. Sorry, been busy with my notebook all day!

    Wow, this looks comprehensive in a 'round-about' way, something even I can
    understand. Thanks a lot, Carlos! And - if I'm not mistaken, MPC will
    convert back to MPEG just by renaming, right?

    (The app (actually ElectricSheep!) will only handle mpeg's, I'm afraid.)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 15, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    Nope, avi to mpeg is not that simple.
    Don't have anything in my bag of tricks right now but if you google for
    "avi2mpg" you will surely find something.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 16, 2008
  4. Well - perhaps Linux can provide something along that line? Thanks, anyway -
    as long as we're moving foreward, eh?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 16, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    There is no actual need for resorting to Linux.
    A simple google search for "avi2mpg freeware download" took me here:
    http://encoderx.co.uk/video/
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 16, 2008
  6. You may be right, Carlos. I managed to dig out a 'Perl' (Pathetically
    Ecclectic Rubbish Language!) script that would do it on any platform. On the
    other hand, I think I got me a 'Ulead' DVD with my TV card, and that may
    have the function built-in?

    I think I may prefer not using scripts for this specific job - on the other
    hand, again, I wouldn't mind an excuse for having to install 'ActiveState'
    once more.

    Well, it's my machine and I can do both as I wish, can't I?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 16, 2008