    Did you try MS Flight Simulator on your new machine?
    Have you got any flickering or artifacts on the image?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 14, 2006

  2. I have not installed it on Vista yet, runs fine on x64 allthough a bit
    'lopsided' processorwise!

    I'll have a look in the morning, I had planned to try and run the FSX-demo
    one of these days any ways.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 15, 2006

  3. O.K, Carlos!

    FS9 installed and runs fine (mostly). I do see those disturbances, seems to
    be triggered by changing 'views'. I see it mostly in 'Tower view', and when
    FS loads the first flight. Nothing I couldn't live with for a while. It
    lasts a second and then goes away - change your view and you see those UFO's
    flashing by for another second. That's about it.

    I am running RC1 - FS is not updated and there are no 3:rd party extras.

    The nVidia driver has version: 6.14.10.9564 and I am not running SLI.

    As I progress with my installation, I shall ellaborate on the issue, and the
    FSX demo!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Thanks, Tony.
    Guess all our problems will be solved with definitive versions of NVidia
    drivers and Vista RTM.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 15, 2006
  5. I'm sure they will. And something else comes to mind - back in the 'old'
    days I had many, many troubles and tribulations with nVidia and VIA and ALI
    chipsets, it took a long time (a small eternity?) before I noticed a short
    statement in the README - that nVidia developed their drivers specifically
    for the Intel chipsets. As everything tried to be compatible with everything
    else and nVidia was top dog at the time it mostly worked, but FS and nVidia
    could be a troublesome pair even then.

    Perhaps the simple answer is that they are still doing their initial
    development with the Intel Documentation in hand? And now AMD bought out
    ATI - so, perhaps they are in no hurry?

    I don't believe in conspiracy theory in general, they all know they will
    have to co-exist,but they obviously don't have to be in any hurry, either.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 15, 2006