    quality refill toner?

    And yes, I know some of you will discourage me from refilling toner.
    Thanks.
    lbbss, Sep 12, 2007

  2. lbbss

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a Samsung ml-1610 laser printer. I bought a refill kit.
    > The first time I did it it gave me only 50 good prints. So I
    > refilled it with some more, but then I only got 10 good prints.
    > What am I doing wrong? Should I have totally got rid of the old
    > toner? I though I did that the second time around, but it did not
    > help. Could it just be a cheap brand, if so, where can I buy a good
    > quality refill toner?
    >
    > And yes, I know some of you will discourage me from refilling toner.
    > Thanks.

    You should follow the directions on the kit, and if that fails you
    should contact the kit seller.

    Refill kits are almost always a bad move.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Sep 12, 2007

  3. lbbss

    JANA Guest

    You need a new cartridge. These refill kits are not always successful, or
    worth the effort and cost savings.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 12, 2007
  4. lbbss

    Old Codger Guest

    lbbss wrote:
    > I have a Samsung ml-1610 laser printer. I bought a refill kit.
    > The first time I did it it gave me only 50 good prints. So I
    > refilled it with some more, but then I only got 10 good prints.
    > What am I doing wrong? Should I have totally got rid of the old
    > toner? I though I did that the second time around, but it did not
    > help. Could it just be a cheap brand, if so, where can I buy a good
    > quality refill toner?

    www.refilltoner.com.

    I am using their refills successfully in my ML1210.

    Buy the starter kit first, it includes instructions (£18.77 I believe
    for a 1610). Next time just buy the refill.

    Lots of info on the site.

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Sep 12, 2007
  5. lbbss

    Jack Pott Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I have a Samsung ml-1610 laser printer. I bought a refill kit.
    >> The first time I did it it gave me only 50 good prints. So I
    >> refilled it with some more, but then I only got 10 good prints.
    >> What am I doing wrong? Should I have totally got rid of the old
    >> toner? I though I did that the second time around, but it did not
    >> help. Could it just be a cheap brand, if so, where can I buy a good
    >> quality refill toner?
    >>
    >> And yes, I know some of you will discourage me from refilling toner.
    >> Thanks.

    > You should follow the directions on the kit, and if that fails you
    > should contact the kit seller.
    >

    > Refill kits are almost always a bad move.

    I've had the opposite experience for many years-- I buy high quality toner
    from a good supplier and properly refill an OEM cart originally purchased
    new. Doing that, I typically get at least three to four refills before print
    quality deteriorates enough so's you'd notice. My record is six refills--
    but I think that one was a magic cartridge...

    Having said that, we do keep one printer that we only use new OEM cart in
    and use that one only for important docs going to some of out fussier
    clients
    Jack Pott, Sep 12, 2007