    Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

    Cheers

    Troy

    Kiwiboy, Dec 22, 2009

  2. Kiwiboy

    Rhino Guest

    On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <>
    wrote:

    >Hi there
    >I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
    >has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
    >Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
    >website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
    >being Australian.
    >Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
    >would work with Tomtom?
    >Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Troy

    Hi Troy,

    Go to www.tomtom.com and from the home page select New Zealand in the
    countries listed. When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
    quick links on the left.

    The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
    D/L and install. Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
    and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
    one of the options is to update your device. From there you can
    purchase maps for any country.

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, Dec 22, 2009

  3. Kiwiboy

    Kiwiboy Guest

    On Dec 22, 5:44 pm, Rhino <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi there
    > >I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
    > >has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
    > >Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
    > >website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
    > >being Australian.
    > >Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
    > >would work with Tomtom?
    > >Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

    > >Cheers

    > >Troy

    > Hi Troy,
    >
    > Go towww.tomtom.comand from the home page select New Zealand in the
    > countries listed.  When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
    > quick links on the left.
    >
    > The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
    > D/L and install.  Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
    > and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
    > one of the options is to update your device.  From there you can
    > purchase maps for any country.
    >
    > Cheers, Rhino

    Excellent!
    Thankyou so much for your help Rhino, it is greatly appreciated.
    Perfect!

    Cheers

    Troy

    Kiwiboy, Dec 22, 2009
  4. Kiwiboy

    Kiwiboy Guest

    On Dec 22, 5:44 pm, Rhino <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi there
    > >I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
    > >has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
    > >Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
    > >website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
    > >being Australian.
    > >Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
    > >would work with Tomtom?
    > >Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

    > >Cheers

    > >Troy

    > Hi Troy,
    >
    > Go towww.tomtom.comand from the home page select New Zealand in the
    > countries listed.  When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
    > quick links on the left.
    >
    > The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
    > D/L and install.  Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
    > and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
    > one of the options is to update your device.  From there you can
    > purchase maps for any country.
    >
    > Cheers, Rhino

    OK I have gone back to the site, done everything, but can still not
    find a map for New Zealand. In the area of the world we live in, there
    is only Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
    Very frustrating.
    Are there any other programs that will work with my device and have
    maps for New Zealand?
    Thanks in advance
    Troy

    Kiwiboy, Dec 23, 2009
  5. Kiwiboy

    Rhino Guest

    On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:48:21 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <>
    wrote:

    >OK I have gone back to the site, done everything, but can still not
    >find a map for New Zealand. In the area of the world we live in, there
    >is only Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
    >Very frustrating.
    >Are there any other programs that will work with my device and have
    >maps for New Zealand?
    >Thanks in advance
    >Troy

    This seems very strange. Using TTH for my One, when the device is
    connected to the PC I get the option to "add maps" in TTH.

    I assume that you have installed TTH for Navigator 6 on the machine
    with navigator 6 installed, rather than another machine on your
    network? Not being familiar with Navigator 6, I will suggest that you
    may need to have it running when you open TTH.

    Click on add maps in TTH and possibly select "all" in the View drop
    down (I am assuming that TTH fro Navigator 6 has a similar interface
    to TTH for other Tomtom devices.)

    This should show all available maps worldwide.

    Otherwise maybe try the online support option from the TTH Help menu.

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, Dec 23, 2009