    lot configured) work fine - I just can't go to the 'Sent Items' folder.

    Any help greatly appreciated.
    -dg
    dan glenn, Sep 30, 2003

  2. dan glenn wrote:
    > Outlook Express 6, Win XP Home;
    >
    > Had a 'glitch' and now, just clicking on the 'Sent Items' folder
    > locks it up - have to kill it with 'end task'. Is this a corrupt
    > 'Sent Items.dbx' file (in the main email folder for my identity), or
    > a corrupt 'Sent Items.idx / Sent Items.mbx' file(s) in the 'Mail'
    > folder under the main folder? Is there some kind of diagnostic or
    > repair program I can use to determine just what's gone bad? Can I
    > just delete the suspect files and will they then be re-generated
    > automatically?
    >
    > Obviously, I don't have a clue how to fix this. Everything else about
    > OE is working fine - I can send and receive and all my other folders
    > (I've got a lot configured) work fine - I just can't go to the 'Sent
    > Items' folder.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.
    > -dg

    Firstly, OE6 does not use MBX and IDX files. It only uses DBX files, so
    those others are the remnants of a previous installation of OE.
    Firstly, try setting up another identity and importing from your main one.
    then see if you can do anything with the Sent Items folder. If not, in
    Windows Explorer, delete the original. OE will rebuild a new file on next
    launch.

    BTW, it is not a good idea to keep mails you want to keep in the OE default
    folders - they are prone to corruption.

    --
    Google is your Friend
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 30, 2003

  3. dan glenn

    °Mike° Guest

    It most likely is a damaged Sent Items.dbx file. Close O.E.
    and rename the file. Reopen O.E. and a new sent items
    folder will be created. You can use DBXtract to recover
    any data.
    http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:34:58 GMT, in
    <SNleb.5365$>
    dan glenn scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003
  4. dan glenn

    Richard Guest

    dan wrote:

    > Outlook Express 6, Win XP Home;

    > Had a 'glitch' and now, just clicking on the 'Sent Items' folder locks
    > it
    > up - have to kill it with 'end task'. Is this a corrupt 'Sent
    > Items.dbx'
    > file (in the main email folder for my identity), or a corrupt 'Sent
    > Items.idx / Sent Items.mbx' file(s) in the 'Mail' folder under the
    > main
    > folder? Is there some kind of diagnostic or repair program I can use
    > determine just what's gone bad? Can I just delete the suspect files
    > and will
    > they then be re-generated automatically?

    > Obviously, I don't have a clue how to fix this. Everything else about
    > OE is
    > working fine - I can send and receive and all my other folders (I've
    > got a
    > lot configured) work fine - I just can't go to the 'Sent Items'
    > folder.

    > Any help greatly appreciated.
    > -dg

    How many items do you have in it?
    If it's locking up, then you have to many. Since it's sent items, you should
    not be storing them anyway.
    Delete the folder and let OE create a new one.
    If you want to keep the stuff, rename the folder and let OE create a new
    sent item folder.
    Richard, Oct 1, 2003