    Harrison Guest

    You are replying without including original text.
    Please stop doing that.

    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    OK, Harrison McFord

    --
    Tommy McClure
    toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org
    www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:52:28 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    >OK, Harrison McFord

    Harrison, in this instance, is correct.

    http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.1

    And while we're (tinw) at it, your sig is borked. It belongs at the very bottom
    of posts, not at the top - your delimiter deletes everything under it. That's
    not a good thing. This will fix it:

    "Please do so."

    --
    What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet" <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    >I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    >How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    I have no idea what you are talking about, but thanks for trying.

    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004
  6. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"

    <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    > >I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    > >How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    > I have no idea what you are talking about, but thanks for trying.

    FYI, I can't see what is at the bottom immediately. MS puts the cursor at
    the top automatically, I figured they had some reason for this. I will
    however comply as you wish.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  7. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    >I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    >How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/map.htm
    http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
    http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.ezine.com/netiquette.html
    http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    http://www.gwr.arizona.edu/overcoming3.htm

    Netiquette is netiquette. It exists for a reason, whether it's for veterans,
    newbies, geniuses, idiots, people who post in any language, people who post in
    no known language, people who either can't type or are simply too lazy to type
    correctly, or people who stand on their heads and spit wooden nickels.

    Or trolls, and attempted trolls.

    The RFCs also exist for a reason.

    "Those are some things you might want to think about, before you post."

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  8. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:36:22 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    ><Harrison> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"

    ><toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    >> >How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    >> I have no idea what you are talking about, but thanks for trying.
    >>

    >FYI, I can't see what is at the bottom immediately. MS puts the cursor at
    >the top automatically, I figured they had some reason for this. I will
    >however comply as you wish.

    M$ does that because they don't give a shit whether their software is
    RFC-compliant or not. However, this attitude generally doesn't hold true for the
    rest of the internet; that's why the RFCs were created in the first place, to
    give the online world a set of standards to follow that would make internet
    access and usage as a whole easier, and better, for _everyone_.

    Indeed, being non-RFC-compliant can get you blocklisted:

    http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

    "And rightfully so."

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    > <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:
    >
    > >I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    > >How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    > http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    > http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/map.htm
    > http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
    > http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://www.ezine.com/netiquette.html
    > http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    > http://www.gwr.arizona.edu/overcoming3.htm
    >
    > Netiquette is netiquette. It exists for a reason, whether it's for

    veterans,
    > newbies, geniuses, idiots, people who post in any language, people who

    post in
    > no known language, people who either can't type or are simply too lazy to

    type
    > correctly, or people who stand on their heads and spit wooden nickels.
    >
    > Or trolls, and attempted trolls.
    >
    > The RFCs also exist for a reason.
    >
    > "Those are some things you might want to think about, before you post."
    >
    > --
    > What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    > -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam

    I saw lots of folks going unpunished, would you like for me to poiint them
    out?
    BTW, I will read your links and comply anyway.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  10. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    Tommy Halnet wrote:
    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:23:50 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    >> <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I will strive to improve my poasting propriety.
    >>> How do you police the foreign languages? And the "word juggler"?

    >> http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    >> http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/map.htm
    >> http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
    >> http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> http://www.ezine.com/netiquette.html
    >> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    >> http://www.gwr.arizona.edu/overcoming3.htm
    >>
    >> Netiquette is netiquette. It exists for a reason, whether it's for
    >> veterans, newbies, geniuses, idiots, people who post in any
    >> language, people who post in no known language, people who either
    >> can't type or are simply too lazy to type correctly, or people who
    >> stand on their heads and spit wooden nickels.
    >>
    >> Or trolls, and attempted trolls.
    >>
    >> The RFCs also exist for a reason.
    >>
    >> "Those are some things you might want to think about, before you
    >> post."
    >>
    >> --
    >> What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    >> -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam

    > I saw lots of folks going unpunished, would you like for me to poiint
    > them out?
    > BTW, I will read your links and comply anyway.

    Yes, you will. You really have no choice in the matter. Netiquette is the
    law, and it will be enforced. I don't care about anyone else; I am watching
    YOU at the moment. DON'T mess up again.

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  11. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:07:55 -0600, "Tommy Halnet"
    <toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org> wrote:

    <snip>
    >> --
    >> What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    >> -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    <note unsnipped sig>

    >I saw lots of folks going unpunished, would you like for me to poiint them
    >out?

    Given that remark, I am now required to ask this question:

    What color is the sky, in your world?

    Can you really be so ignorant as to think that _any_ other poster, anywhere on
    usenet, reads every post that exists? Are you really so far out of the loop that
    you think that it should be some sort of requirement, simply because _you_ wish
    to mandate it? Or are you simply a clueless newbie, wishing to flaunt your lack
    of knowledge and social skills in front of the entire world? You were aware,
    were you not, that these words are being propagated to every server that carries
    the 24HSHD newsgroup, all over the world?

    Or are you just trolling?

    You _did_ realise that your ignorance is, even as we (tinw) speak, being
    archived at google, for everyone to access and giggle at?

    Tip: This is usenet, not your living room or your inbox. SANSs will not get very
    far; indeed, it's much more likely to get you binned out of hand than anything
    else, and deservedly so. Get over it, and get over yourself.

    >BTW, I will read your links and comply anyway.

    Save your sham nobility for someone who can't see through it.

    "Though how anyone (tina) can't is beyond me."

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  12. Harrison

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tommy Halnet posted ...

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >> What we need are a couple of good hangings.

    > I saw lots of folks going unpunished, would you like for me to poiint
    > them out?

    You're not being punished at all ... Your problem is someone pointed out
    your particular (at least three consistent) faults, you responded initially
    negatively, and others have recommended ways you can remedy how you post.
    It's up to you how you respond to advice, but the way you're going you'll
    just get people angry ...

    > BTW, I will read your links and comply anyway.

    Good .. ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 20, 2004
  13. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    This group has no shortage of personal trolls. Its not a secret either.
    Usually most ignore them.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  14. Harrison

    trout Guest

    Tommy Halnet wrote:

    > This group has no shortage of personal trolls. Its not a secret
    > either. Usually most ignore them.

    Actually, you've just replied to a troll that, for that post, was
    impersonating Mara.
    --
    "Fun, eh?"

    trout, Feb 20, 2004
  15. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    what makes you think I don't know the "real" Mara, and thus was very
    convinced.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  16. Harrison

    trout Guest

    Tommy Halnet wrote:

    > what makes you think I don't know the "real" Mara, and thus was very
    > convinced.

    So, you're saying that you're not one of the 'most that usually
    ignore them'? As the kids say; "whatever".

    --
    "I smell another pot of pointlessness brewing."

    trout, Feb 20, 2004
  17. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:47:08 -0800, trout wrote:

    >Tommy Halnet wrote:
    >
    >> what makes you think I don't know the "real" Mara, and thus was very
    >> convinced.

    > So, you're saying that you're not one of the 'most that usually
    >ignore them'? As the kids say; "whatever".

    He can say whatever he likes, but it's easy enough to prove he's lying.

    --- 02/20/04 15:13:27 Central Standard Time
    --- performing WHOIS on "206.180.129.135", please wait...
    --- contacting server whois.arin.net
    --- smart whois on "206.180.129"

    OrgName: Houston Area League of PC Users, Inc.
    OrgID: HAL
    Address: Houston Area League of PC Users, Inc.
    Address: 1200 Post Oak, Suite 106
    City: Houston
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 77056
    Country: US

    I know a sum total of one person in the Houston area, only online, and not well,
    at that - and that person only posts from a premium service.

    "And guess what? *YOU* aren't him, 'Tommy.' So, go right ahead and spout some
    more lies. They all go to google, too. LOL"

    <snip>

    Mara, Feb 20, 2004
  18. Harrison

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    If you LOL, you haven't lost all of you sense of humor. Lighten up.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  19. It was on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:47:35 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Tommy Halnet wrote:

    > what makes you think I don't know the "real" Mara, and thus was very
    > convinced.

    Because you don't. Your newbieness shows up very plainly.

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    Using linux @ home since 1998

    William Poaster, Feb 20, 2004
  20. Tommy Halnet spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <40364c2c$0$32422$-pc.org>
    > I saw lots of folks going unpunished, would you like for me to poiint them
    > out?

    Ummm, you haven't been punished yet. Mara et al decided to give you a
    chance, hence the suggestions earlier.

    > BTW, I will read your links and comply anyway.

    Good. Welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Jump in wherever you want...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Feb 20, 2004