Toll free number for UK ?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by viveklinux@gmail.com, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if there is a way to set up a toll free number
    originating from UK and either terminating in US or India. Are there
    any VoiP companies which do this ?

    Thanks in advance ,
    vivekian
     
    , Dec 22, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Mark Adamson Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a way to set up a toll free number
    > originating from UK and either terminating in US or India. Are there
    > any VoiP companies which do this ?
    >


    If I have understood your requirements correctly, you could set up an 0800
    number with voipfone. Then, you could either log into that with a voipfone
    in US or India, or you could have it forward to a US or India landline using
    the facilities on the voipfone website.

    You can also do similarly with other voip providers.
     
    Mark Adamson, Dec 22, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Mark Adamson wrote :

    >If I have understood your requirements correctly, you could set up an 0800
    >number with voipfone. Then, you could either log into that with a voipfone
    >in US or India, or you could have it forward to a US or India landline using
    >the facilities on the voipfone website.


    How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
    Please give me some pointers on that .

    Thanks ,
    vivekian
     
    , Dec 22, 2005
    #3
  4. wrote:
    > Mark Adamson wrote :
    >
    >
    > How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
    > Please give me some pointers on that .
    >
    > Thanks ,
    > vivekian


    sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
    in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
    builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
    'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
    set up and working in a few seconds

    Mat
     
    Mathew Curtis, Dec 22, 2005
    #4
  5. John Guest

    In article <>,
    writes
    >Hi all,
    >
    >I was wondering if there is a way to set up a toll free number
    >originating from UK and either terminating in US or India. Are there
    >any VoiP companies which do this ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance ,
    >vivekian
    >


    Did you say Troll free numbers?
    --
    Hugh Janus Constipation is the thief of time, but diaorrehia waits
    for no man!!
     
    John, Dec 22, 2005
    #5
  6. Mathew Curtis wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Mark Adamson wrote :
    >>
    >>How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800 number.
    >>Please give me some pointers on that .
    >>
    >>Thanks ,
    >>vivekian

    >
    > sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
    > in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
    > builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
    > 'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
    > set up and working in a few seconds
    >

    Do you know if the £5/month includes incoming call costs?
     
    Thomas Kenyon, Dec 23, 2005
    #6
  7. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    message news:v2Sqf.22517$

    [snip]

    > Do you know if the £5/month includes incoming call costs?


    Doubtful. They have no way of knowing the call volume you'd be getting.

    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Dec 23, 2005
    #7
  8. Jono Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    || Mathew Curtis wrote:
    ||| wrote:
    |||
    |||| Mark Adamson wrote :
    ||||
    |||| How do i actually go about setting up the voipfone with a 0800
    |||| number. Please give me some pointers on that .
    ||||
    |||| Thanks ,
    |||| vivekian
    |||
    ||| sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
    ||| in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
    ||| builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
    ||| 'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything
    ||| is set up and working in a few seconds
    |||
    || Do you know if the £5/month includes incoming call costs?

    AFAIK it's 3ppm for inbound calls, in addition to the £5pm
     
    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
    #8
  9. Guest

    Mathew Curtis wrote:

    > sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
    > in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
    > builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
    > 'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
    > set up and working in a few seconds
    >
    > Mat


    Hey,

    I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
    calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
    landline number in india.

    Would voipfone charge extra for the call diversion. So the scenario
    would be the call coming from UK to US and then being diverted to
    India. So i presume i would be paying incoming charges from UK to US
    and then paying calling charges from US to India. Any help is welcome.

    thanks again to all replies ..
    vivek
     
    , Dec 23, 2005
    #9
  10. Guest

    Mathew Curtis wrote:

    > sign up for an account at www.voipfone.co.uk then once registered log
    > in to you account and you will see at the top of the page 'package
    > builder' click on this and about halfway down the page you will see
    > 'Freephone Incoming Telephone Numbers' select and pay and everything is
    > set up and working in a few seconds
    >
    > Mat


    Hey,

    I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
    calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
    landline number in india.

    Would voipfone charge extra for the call diversion. So the scenario
    would be the call coming from UK to US and then being diverted to
    India. So i presume i would be paying incoming charges from UK to US
    and then paying calling charges from US to India. Any help is welcome.

    thanks again to all replies ..
    vivek
     
    , Dec 23, 2005
    #10
  11. Guest

    On 23 Dec 2005 11:49:28 -0800, wrote:

    >I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
    >calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
    >landline number in india.
    >
    >Would voipfone charge extra for the call diversion. So the scenario
    >would be the call coming from UK to US and then being diverted to
    >India. So i presume i would be paying incoming charges from UK to US
    >and then paying calling charges from US to India. Any help is welcome.


    I don't think you have quite grasped the idea of VOIP.

    If you have an incoming 0800 number in the UK which is forwarded to a
    VOIP number, you can collect the call from anywhere in the world, with
    no further forwarding required.

    That's one of the major benefits of VOIP.
     
    , Dec 23, 2005
    #11
  12. Chris Blunt Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:59:33 +0000, wrote:

    >On 23 Dec 2005 11:49:28 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
    >>calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
    >>landline number in india.
    >>
    >>Would voipfone charge extra for the call diversion. So the scenario
    >>would be the call coming from UK to US and then being diverted to
    >>India. So i presume i would be paying incoming charges from UK to US
    >>and then paying calling charges from US to India. Any help is welcome.

    >
    >I don't think you have quite grasped the idea of VOIP.
    >
    >If you have an incoming 0800 number in the UK which is forwarded to a
    >VOIP number, you can collect the call from anywhere in the world, with
    >no further forwarding required.


    You can, but only if you carry an ATA around with you and you have
    access to a broadband connection wherever you go. There are huge parts
    of the world without any form of internet access suitable to run VoIP
    across, so being able to divert your calls to a local phone is often
    the only option.

    Chris
     
    Chris Blunt, Dec 24, 2005
    #12
  13. On 23 Dec 2005 11:49:28 -0800, wrote:

    >I followed that . A couple of questions though. Can these incoming
    >calls be forwarded to some other international number , lets say a
    >landline number in india.


    Are you working for Dell perchance?
     
    India callcentre, Dec 24, 2005
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. NetCop

    Re: spammer toll free number - do not abuse!

    NetCop, Jul 1, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    482
    Jimchip
    Jul 1, 2003
  2. Something

    Packet8 toll free number

    Something, Jun 23, 2005, in forum: VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    662
    Something
    Jun 23, 2005
  3. Replies:
    6
    Views:
    3,241
    AussieVoda
    May 30, 2011
  4. Martin
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,118
    Plato
    Jun 14, 2007
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,500
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page