    daiy-use apps.
    And I mean really 64-bit (not 64-bit "compatible")
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 16, 2005

  2. We are stuck with 32-bit IE because there is no flash, no Java for x64.
    No x64 media player.
    It is like driving a Ferrari Testarosa with small tires, low octane fuel,
    and non-leather seats!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Any 64-bit apps news?
    > Still waiting for a Cd-Burning software, adobe reader, and a bunch of
    > other
    > daiy-use apps.
    > And I mean really 64-bit (not 64-bit "compatible")
    > Carlos

    CD Burning: Nero 6.6.13 works fine
    Adobe Acrobat: Latest version works fine

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Acrobat 7 does work fine... except the Adobe PDF Printer doesn't install, so
    I can't print to PDF from something like Word. Not a big inconvenience (just
    print to file and distill) since I rarely use that anyways. Does anyone know
    why?

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The Adobe PDF Printer driver is 32-bit. You can use one of the 64-bit PDF
    writers recommended here.
    Charlie has frequently recommended his favourite. 'Yeah, Adobe seems to
    have problems. No comment. However, lots of third
    parties are doing just fine with printing to PDF, including deskPDF, the one
    I'm using.'

    John Barnes, Oct 16, 2005
  6. On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:10:37 +0100, NoNoBadDog! <no_@spam_verizon.net>
    wrote:

    > "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> Any 64-bit apps news?
    >> Still waiting for a Cd-Burning software, adobe reader, and a bunch of
    >> other
    >> daiy-use apps.
    >> And I mean really 64-bit (not 64-bit "compatible")
    >> Carlos

    > CD Burning: Nero 6.6.13 works fine
    > Adobe Acrobat: Latest version works fine
    >
    > Bobby

    He's not asking about Acrobat Reader, (the free viewer), he's asking about
    Acrobat (the authoring version), it fails to install the PDF printer
    driver...
    Mark Gillespie, Oct 16, 2005
  7. Here I go again.
    Real 64-bit applications is what I'm asking for.
    Not 32-bit apps that run Ok on 64-bit.
    A real 64-bit media player with 64-bit decoders.
    Get the idea?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 16, 2005
  8. I still prefer using Acrobat. As I mentioned, the lack of the PDF Printer
    (now called Adobe PDF) isn't a big deal. I just print to a watched folder
    using a decent postscript driver (I found a Scitex level 2 driver in the OS
    that seems to work fine) All that's missing is the convenience of the
    resulting PDF opening automatically. Not a big deal at all. And, of course,
    InDesign also exports PDF natively, and Quark 4 exports via an extension
    that automates the process.

    Re: Adobe... they don't seem particularly supportive of 64 bit right now. I
    would love to see the CS products moving to it, but there is no development
    AFAIK. InDesign, Photoshop etal. run fine under XP64 as is... but things
    can always be faster and better. Of course, all I have to do is buy it and
    use it, so I have no idea what the development issues are...

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 16, 2005
  9. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Here I go again.
    > Real 64-bit applications is what I'm asking for.
    > Not 32-bit apps that run Ok on 64-bit.
    > A real 64-bit media player with 64-bit decoders.
    > Get the idea?

    Carlos - why do you think you need a "Real" 64-bit CD burner to Adobe
    Acrobat etc\?
    The point of 64-bit computing is primarily around large memory model work.
    Applications such as Acrobat, CD burning and probably most of your "daily
    use" apps are unlikely to benefit at all from becoming native 64-bit
    applications.
    Where 64-bits are necessary - you are seeing 64-bit applications.
    I suppose it also begs the question if you are not using any of these large
    memory model apps and have a machine with 4GB or memory or less - just why
    did you go 64-bit ? What were you hoping to gain or wanting to do?

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Oct 16, 2005
  10. You are right, Mike
    Maybe I am a little anxious, here.
    But it still feels like driving the Ferrari Testarosa without the blond by
    my side and no leather seats.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 16, 2005
  11. Carlos:
    As for a burning software try using Nero 6.6. I have it on my machine and it
    works just fine. I can even burn dual layered DVD's with it from movies on my
    server with no problems.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIEM=?=, Oct 16, 2005
  12. Even the Nero LE that came with my Samsung DVD drive works great (Now that
    was a deal: $36 delivered for the burner, Nero, and a 25 free DVDs from
    Newegg)

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 17, 2005
  13. Hey guys:
    Thank you for all the replies.
    I am quite aware of all the 32-bit apps that run on Win x64.
    I have posted many more of them here over the last two months.
    It is just that I am looking for true x64 apps like Avast, VirtualDub,
    Winimage, Crystal CPUID, Vedit Pro and Squeez have already done.
    They are real x64 apps.
    Thanks again to everybody.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 17, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    ponpon.nul Guest

    Après mure réflexion, Carlos a écrit :
    > Any 64-bit apps news?
    > Still waiting for a Cd-Burning software, adobe reader, and a bunch of other
    > daiy-use apps.
    > And I mean really 64-bit (not 64-bit "compatible")
    > Carlos

    You can found some screensaver that are "thru 64 bits"

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net
    ponpon.nul, Oct 17, 2005