Toad headed turtle

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    > another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    Good photo. I like your view of him.
    Tim Conway, Jun 23, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    ransley Guest

    On Jun 23, 1:11 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    > another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    I just want to know how did you get it to SMILE
    ransley, Jun 23, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Pete Guest

    On 2010-06-23 20:04:48 +0100, Tim Conway said:

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    >> another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>

    > Good photo. I like your view of him.

    I like the cheeky smile. A friend/pet instead of just an animal.

    --
    Pete
    Pete, Jun 24, 2010
  5. Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > Hello:
    >
    > I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    > another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --

    Very nice...smile, but I thought that turtles were reptiles, no? But still,
    they make good pets...

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jun 25, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "George Kerby" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:C847FB6D.48DAE%...

    > On 6/23/10 4:27 PM, in article ,
    > "Bowser" <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:26:03 -0500, George Kerby
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> On 6/23/10 1:11 PM, in article ,

    >>> How the hell does it get that thing into it's shell?!?
    >>>
    >>> That head is bigger than the current POTUS...

    >> Not if you include the ears.

    > <BFG!>

    Hello:

    This species sometimes inflated the head, like frogs, and that I think is
    one reason for what is mentioned as well.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 26, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "ransley" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Jun 23, 1:11 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    >> another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > I just want to know how did you get it to SMILE

    I think it could be the intersection between the feeling of the person who
    wants to show an interesting photo, and the feeling of the animal to look
    good in the photo.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 26, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:i02m21$o2j$...

    > Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    >> another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --

    > Very nice...smile, but I thought that turtles were reptiles, no? But
    > still, they make good pets...

    Yes, and there are two styles, tortoises, and amphibious.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 26, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tim Conway" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hvtlsh$ac3$-september.org...

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    >> another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>

    > Good photo. I like your view of him.

    Hello, thanks for your comment, I am now posting about the turtle in another
    environment.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 26, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    > "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:i02m21$o2j$...
    > >
    > > Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > >> Hello:
    > >>
    > >> I took this phorot of this species, I could not put the amphibious on
    > >> another surface, but I also find interesting contrast:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4721550917/
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    > >>
    > >> --

    > > Very nice...smile, but I thought that turtles were reptiles, no? But
    > > still, they make good pets...

    > Yes, and there are two styles, tortoises, and amphibious.

    In reality, "amphibians" are a separate class within the animal kingdom.
    Unlike reptiles, they lack scales and their young go through a "tadpole"
    stage, before reaching maturity.

    These tadpoles contain gills, and most species lose them when undergoing
    "metamorphosis" into adulthood. Then, they become air-breathers and rely
    solely on their newly developed lungs.

    Therefore, tortoises and turtles aren't literally amphibians (they're
    reptiles).

    However, I understand the point you were trying to make: Turtles spend
    a lot of their time in the water (and >need< to do so, incidentally),
    whereas tortoises are strictly land-based beasts.

    (This free lesson in "natural history" is now concluded, Miguel!)

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2010