To those using MS Outlook to access Hotmail accounts

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by djdickjonson, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. djdickjonson

    djdickjonson Guest

    djdickjonson, Jun 19, 2008

  2. djdickjonson

    djdickjonson Guest

    On Jun 20, 12:04 am, Richard <> wrote:
    > djdickjonson wrote:
    > > Should check out the new outlook connector...integrates outlook with
    > > hotmail in a much nicer way. But, not for express users.

    > >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7aad7e6a-931....

    > How does this differ from the normal way of adding it as an http mail
    > account? That seems to work pretty well IME.. Can send at places with
    > filtered net connections which is always good.

    It integrates into outlook in a far better way. eg, using standard
    outlook it does not store a local copy of the emails by default.

    There are various replication options used to synch with the
    hotmail. And, i've never had an invalid password message using the
    outlook connector, whereas with the standard outlook I sometimes
    received an error. All in all, it just works better , but I am a heavy
    mail user for a lightweight user it might not matter.

    actually , i'm trying to wean off my .xtra addresses, in anticipation
    that my telecom connection may get dumped in future.

    djdickjonson, Jun 23, 2008