To those of you with the 'Brady Bunch' DVD set...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Sarah B, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Sarah B

    Sarah B Guest

    ....maybe you can help me with something.

    I was watching it this afternoon, and in the episode 'Is There a Doctor in
    the House', Carol and Alice have a chalkboard set up with columns for all
    the diseases the kids have had, as a help for the two doctors they have
    nursing the kids through the measles. Mike comes in and mentions that the
    board is wrong; none of the kids have had distemper. Alice admits that that
    column is for the family dog Tiger, since she figured they ought to have a
    chart for the vet too.

    Now here's my question: Mike's line about none of the kids having distemper
    is very clearly dubbed - his lips don't match the word 'distemper'. So now
    I'm curious as to what disease he DID actually say, and why they dubbed it
    over. Unfortunately, we don't see the bottom of the chalkboard (where
    Tiger's ailment is written down) and my lip-reading isn't good enough to
    figure out what Mike said, although it looks like it starts with a 'W' and
    has two syllables.

    Can any lip-reading sleuth help me?? Obviously it's not a life-altering
    problem, but I *am* kinda wondering...

    Thanks in advance,
    Sarah B.

    Sarah B, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Sarah B

    Larry Guest

    In article <BE760E8D.1569B%>, sarahlynn1
    @earthlink.net says...
    > ...maybe you can help me with something.
    >
    > I was watching it this afternoon, and in the episode 'Is There a Doctor in
    > the House', Carol and Alice have a chalkboard set up with columns for all
    > the diseases the kids have had, as a help for the two doctors they have
    > nursing the kids through the measles. Mike comes in and mentions that the
    > board is wrong; none of the kids have had distemper. Alice admits that that
    > column is for the family dog Tiger, since she figured they ought to have a
    > chart for the vet too.
    >
    > Now here's my question: Mike's line about none of the kids having distemper
    > is very clearly dubbed - his lips don't match the word 'distemper'. So now
    > I'm curious as to what disease he DID actually say, and why they dubbed it
    > over. Unfortunately, we don't see the bottom of the chalkboard (where
    > Tiger's ailment is written down) and my lip-reading isn't good enough to
    > figure out what Mike said, although it looks like it starts with a 'W' and
    > has two syllables.
    >
    > Can any lip-reading sleuth help me?? Obviously it's not a life-altering
    > problem, but I *am* kinda wondering...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Sarah B.

    WORMS