    How do I set the PC up so it never remembers usernames on the net, or even
    to select the individual url's to tell my pc not to rememember the info I
    last logged into a site with.

    Jez, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Jez

    DanR Guest

    Jez wrote:
    > When I goto lycos, and various other chat community sites, it always
    > has my username ready in the username box, (LOG IN PAGE) and all I
    > have to do is enter my password.
    >
    > How do I set the PC up so it never remembers usernames on the net, or
    > even to select the individual url's to tell my pc not to rememember
    > the info I last logged into a site with.

    If the site only knows your user name and not your password... delete your
    cookies.

    DanR, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Jez

    ProfGene Guest

    Jez wrote:
    > When I goto lycos, and various other chat community sites, it always has my
    > username ready in the username box, (LOG IN PAGE) and all I have to do is
    > enter my password.
    >
    > How do I set the PC up so it never remembers usernames on the net, or even
    > to select the individual url's to tell my pc not to rememember the info I
    > last logged into a site with.

    I don't know what browser you are using but check the option which
    somtimes allow you to do this.

    ProfGene, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Jez

    Ben Myers Guest

    Start Internet Explorer, click "Tools", "Internet Options", "Security",
    "Custom Level" and in the "Miscellaneous" section, see if "Userdata
    persistence" is enabled. If so, disable it, click "OK", confirm the
    change, then "OK" again. You may have to close and restart Internet
    Explorer for the change to take effect.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 21, 2006