    www.shuttle.com. They look great + they run silent, and I'm tempted.

    --
    Regards, Michael

    Michael, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Michael

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Michael decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Hi Folks, can any of you Bods give me any info on Shuttle PCs.
    > www.shuttle.com. They look great + they run silent, and I'm tempted.

    A guy I know a bit makes and sells models on a similar spec (for a whole lot
    less) and says they are fine but a pain to do anything with once everything
    is in place.

    So if you are not planning on installing any hardware they are fine,
    otherwise you need boney fingers ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Michael wrote:

    > Hi Folks, can any of you Bods give me any info on Shuttle PCs.
    > www.shuttle.com. They look great + they run silent, and I'm tempted.

    I had to sort out problems with one and sovled them by fitting a
    larger (and quieter) fan using an adapter plate.

    For real cool and great looks, I made a PC to hang on the wall in a
    picture frame. a 2 1/2" deep frame with a glass front, an aluminium
    backplate on which was mounted the integrated mobo, hard drive, dvd,
    plus a selection of lights. Slots in the top and bottom for
    ventilation and extended cables, including low voltage power. You
    can't add expansion cards but, gee, does it look good and doesn't use
    any desk space at all, and is whisper quiet.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Michael

    Boomer Guest

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote in
    [snip]
    > For real cool and great looks, I made a PC to hang on the wall in
    > a picture frame. a 2 1/2" deep frame with a glass front, an
    > aluminium backplate on which was mounted the integrated mobo, hard
    > drive, dvd, plus a selection of lights. Slots in the top and
    > bottom for ventilation and extended cables, including low voltage
    > power. You can't add expansion cards but, gee, does it look good
    > and doesn't use any desk space at all, and is whisper quiet.

    Got a picture? I'd like to see that!

    Boomer, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Michael

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote in news:c6iq5t$buuh9$1
    @ID-184954.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Folks, can any of you Bods give me any info on Shuttle PCs.
    >> www.shuttle.com. They look great + they run silent, and I'm tempted.
    >>

    > I had to sort out problems with one and sovled them by fitting a
    > larger (and quieter) fan using an adapter plate.
    >
    > For real cool and great looks, I made a PC to hang on the wall in a
    > picture frame. a 2 1/2" deep frame with a glass front, an aluminium
    > backplate on which was mounted the integrated mobo, hard drive, dvd,
    > plus a selection of lights. Slots in the top and bottom for
    > ventilation and extended cables, including low voltage power. You
    > can't add expansion cards but, gee, does it look good and doesn't use
    > any desk space at all, and is whisper quiet.

    Pointers to some pictures please!!!

    Fuzzy Logic, Apr 27, 2004