    to expand QoS via another MLS (I can only really see the difference when
    making large SQL db queries)

    Gary.

    gooogoo, Oct 11, 2004

  2. gooogoo

    Ben Guest

    Can you explain further what you mean by load-balancing? This term normally
    applies to routing not switching. Do you mean you are using the SLB feature
    in IOS?

    If a frame/packet is destined for your SQL server how can you send it to
    another switch port without the addressing being wrong and the 2nd NIC
    ignoring it?

    "gooogoo" <> wrote in message
    > Im about to purchase another switch. My root switch is a 100M multilayer
    > switch with QoS configured to give priority over to SQL traffic.

    Currently
    > I am load balancing 2 x NICS in our SQL & other servers, it really does
    > make a difference. Now I am stuck on our next switch purchase.
    >
    > Should I get another 100M Multilayer switch (stackable), or go and get a
    > regular switch that has Gigabit across all ports (24 ports). The servers
    > all currently have Gigabit NICs.
    > The Gigabit switch has the option of a cascading Gigabit uplink.
    >
    > The Multilayer Gigabit switches are still a little bit expensive.
    >
    > So my question would be should I go for more bandwidth since I load

    balance
    > 2 x NICs in 100M mode to give me more bandwidth (makes a huge difference)

    or

    Ben, Oct 11, 2004

  3. gooogoo

    gooogoo Guest

    2 NICS in a machine configured as a load balancing team.

    gooogoo, Oct 12, 2004