    english!
    Ps a day I'll come in england
    By by

    stefjnoskynov, Oct 15, 2005

  2. stefjnoskynov

    Cyrus® Guest

    Check this site,with lots of info, You didn't specify your H/D, Is it FDISK
    and Formated? Did you select CDROM on your CMOS set up 1st for bootup.
    Jumper setting on H/D, Is your H/D is slave or Master?

    http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

    Hope this info Helps
    Cyrus®

    Cyrus®, Oct 16, 2005

  3. stefjnoskynov

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:27:43 +0000, stefjnoskynov wrote:

    > I tried to install win'98 on a Athlon 700Mhz 128Mb, but I failed!
    > Computer recognize cdrom device, it read the content of the cd but when
    > I tell him "install win98" he respond me something like "device not
    > ready"! Why this? Is there a problem in the device? Does it would be
    > something different problem?
    > Tomorrow I'll try to change device and try another time I would like a
    > your help, thank you for the attemption and sorry for my english! Ps a
    > day I'll come in england
    > By by

    You may not have the CDROM drivers for Windows installed. The BIOS sees
    the CD drive, but Windows doesn't. You may need to insert your CDROM
    driver disk into the "A" drive and type install. Reboot and try loading
    Windows again.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Oct 16, 2005
  4. stefjnoskynov

    bambam Guest

    stefjnoskynov <> wrote in

    > I tried to install win'98 on a Athlon 700Mhz 128Mb, but I failed!
    > Computer recognize cdrom device, it read the content of the cd but when
    > I tell him "install win98" he respond me something like "device not
    > ready"! Why this? Is there a problem in the device? Does it would be
    > something different problem?
    > Tomorrow I'll try to change device and try another time
    > I would like a your help, thank you for the attemption and sorry for my
    > english!
    > Ps a day I'll come in england

    Personally I like to copy the Win98 folder from the CD to the hard drive
    and run the install from there. Have a look at Method 1 here-

    http://www.putergeek.com/win98_install/

    Hope this helps.

    PS- England is hardly worth the trip. ;)

    bambam, Oct 16, 2005
  5. stefjnoskynov

    km Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:27:43 GMT, stefjnoskynov
    <> wrote:

    >I tried to install win'98 on a Athlon 700Mhz 128Mb, but I failed!
    >Computer recognize cdrom device, it read the content of the cd but when
    >I tell him "install win98" he respond me something like "device not
    >ready"! Why this? Is there a problem in the device? Does it would be
    >something different problem?
    >Tomorrow I'll try to change device and try another time
    >I would like a your help, thank you for the attemption and sorry for my
    >english!
    >Ps a day I'll come in england
    >By by

    Have you already got an operating system on this computer?

    If not have you partitioned and formatted the Hard Drive?

    To do these things you need a boot disc on a floppy. Win98 boot disks
    can also have the option to load CDRom drivers at the same time. Go to
    bootdisk.com for the files.

    You then need to use DOS instructions to either create temporary
    directory for the transfer of the CD files to the Hard Drive and set
    up from there or create your Win98 directory and instruct the set up
    from the CD. Rather than go into full detail here I suggest that you
    do some more detailed reading. See other posts.

    KM

    km, Oct 16, 2005