To examples of Chinese quality

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 14, 2009.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Dec 14, 2009

  2. RichA <> wrote:

    .... and to the never-ending rants of RichA

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Dec 14, 2009

  3. RichA

    Dick Les Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

    What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
    wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
    better...

    Dick Les, Dec 14, 2009
  4. RichA

    Chris H Guest

    In message <hg4aal$5ma$-september.org>, Dick Les
    <> writes

    >"RichA" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

    >What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
    >wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
    >better...

    Which plastic? There are more types of plastic than there are types of
    metal. Parts of the US Space shuttle are plastic......

    In many cases the right plastic is far better than any metal.

    As for Chinese Quality: so far a lot of it has outlasted US Quality by
    several THOUSAND years......

    Chris H, Dec 14, 2009
  5. RichA

    RustY © Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake. Metal
    > works well, when it is probably designed. But some cheap Chinese
    > manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
    > equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
    > $50.

    What are you talking about here ?

    RustY ©, Dec 14, 2009
  6. RichA

    Ron Recer Guest

    "RustY ©" <> wrote in message

    > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >> Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake. Metal
    >> works well, when it is probably designed. But some cheap Chinese
    >> manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
    >> equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
    >> $50.
    >>

    > What are you talking about here ?

    "when it is probably designed"

    Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed. I guess
    if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
    ;-)

    Ron

    Ron Recer, Dec 14, 2009
  7. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:43:23 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake. Metal
    >works well, when it is probably designed. But some cheap Chinese
    >manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
    >equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
    >$50.

    Well that wasn't much of a toast.

    John A., Dec 14, 2009
  8. On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:40:02 +0000, Chris H wrote:

    > As for Chinese Quality: so far a lot of it has outlasted US Quality by
    > several THOUSAND years......

    Not from the Communist Chinese Dynasty......

    Even so, Outlast != Quality.
    One can easily find scat that has outlasted anything Chinese.

    Allodoxaphobia, Dec 14, 2009
  9. RichA

    Twibil Guest

    On Dec 14, 5:44 am, "Ron Recer" <> wrote:

    > "when it is probably designed"
    >
    > Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed.  I guess
    > if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
    > ;-)

    Yeah, we call those "RichA Nuggets": a phrase that has a certain
    disquieting suggestiveness while yet containing no actual meaning.
    Much like his posts.

    Twibil, Dec 14, 2009
  10. RichA

    Twibil Guest

    Twibil, Dec 14, 2009
  11. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Dec 13, 10:10 pm, "Dick Les" <> wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > > Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

    > What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
    > wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
    > better...

    Yes, they made the adapter out of sodium. Honest. Just don't get it
    wet.

    RichA, Dec 14, 2009
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Dec 14, 8:44 am, "Ron Recer" <> wrote:
    > "RustY ©" <> wrote in message

    > > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > >> Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake.  Metal
    > >> works well, when it is probably designed.  But some cheap Chinese
    > >> manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
    > >> equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
    > >> $50.

    > > What are you talking about here ?

    > "when it is probably designed"
    >
    > Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed.  I guess
    > if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
    > ;-)
    >
    > Ron

    I know, English is a tough language for some. Properly means
    correctly. Incorrectly, or improperly, means the product was designed
    poorly (relying on worn out and s----- Chinese tooling) and the result
    was failure.

    RichA, Dec 14, 2009
  13. RichA

    Matt Ion Guest

    Matt Ion, Dec 15, 2009
  14. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:50:00 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Dec 13, 10:10 pm, "Dick Les" <> wrote:
    >> "RichA" <> wrote in message

    >> > Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

    >> What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
    >> wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
    >> better...

    >Yes, they made the adapter out of sodium. Honest. Just don't get it
    >wet.

    If you do it'll reproduce itself and you'll have mischievous little
    cameras running around everywhere wreaking havoc.

    A good flash unit might help in that case, though.

    John A., Dec 15, 2009
  15. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:51:08 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Dec 14, 8:44 am, "Ron Recer" <> wrote:
    >> "RustY ©" <> wrote in message

    >> > "RichA" <> wrote in message

    >> > What are you talking about here ?

    >> "when it is probably designed"
    >>
    >> Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed.  I guess
    >> if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Ron

    >I know, English is a tough language for some. Properly means
    >correctly. Incorrectly, or improperly, means the product was designed
    >poorly (relying on worn out and s----- Chinese tooling) and the result
    >was failure.

    I figured that was properly what you meant.

    John A., Dec 15, 2009
  16. RichA

    RustY © Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >> What are you talking about here ?
    >>

    > You think he would know, 'two'?

    You mean 'You'd thimk he would know too' ?

    RustY ©, Dec 15, 2009
  17. RichA

    -hh Guest

    "RustY ©" <> wrote:
    > "George Kerby" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> What are you talking about here ?

    > > You think he would know, 'two'?

    > You mean 'You'd thimk he would know too' ?

    Yep, mee thimking to two ttoo!

    Yet the real irony is now here:
    <http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/845602>

    Perhaps RichA can repeat this demonstration while carrying whatever-
    metal-camera-he-wants, with himself serving as the mounting plate
    (sans chute, of course!).

    -hh

    -hh, Dec 15, 2009
  18. RichA

    OG Guest

    "C J Campbell" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-12-13 17:59:30 -0800, Jürgen Exner <> said:
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>
    >> ... and to the never-ending rants of RichA
    >>
    >> jue

    > And his examples of American spelling....

    After tapping 10,000 threads, quality is bound to suffer.

    Mind you, it dropped off well before he got to 10,000

    OG, Dec 15, 2009
  19. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Chris H wrote:

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > As for Chinese Quality: so far a lot of it has outlasted US Quality by
    > several THOUSAND years......

    Oh, my, that's very enlightening! I was hardly aware of the USA's stature
    as an ancient civilization; Great Britain must be positively prehistoric,
    then?

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>