    Am I correct in understanding that you suggest to keep
    going, while my brain is still sizzling? :)

    Orbit
    Orbit, May 4, 2004

  2. Orbit

    Eric Guest

    Orbit wrote:

    > Thanks for the support!
    >
    > I was wondering what to do now, like get a job & use what
    > I know (while finishing MCSD in spare time), or go on for
    > more certs first. There's positives to both ways.
    >
    > Am I correct in understanding that you suggest to keep
    > going, while my brain is still sizzling? :)
    >
    > Orbit

    Yes and no.

    Getting a job now is a great idea if you can find one that's going to
    give you good experience. At this point, high pay should NOT be your
    primary concern. You need experience to secure your future, and it's
    worth it to take a lower paying job if they will give you the
    experience you need. After one or 2 years you can either renegotiate or
    find a higher paying position.

    I'm assuming you don't have other experience as a programmer? I
    apologize that I don't remember if you mentioned this in an earlier
    post. If you already have a number of years as a programmer, then you
    need to leverage that when ou go for a job now. Even if you used a
    radically different language, it's still useful to have real world
    experience, and you should list this on your resume. Let me know what
    your background is and I can help you more. If you'd like help
    preparing the resume, get a freebie email addr at Yahoo or msn, and
    give me the info. I don't want to discuss personal details in this
    forum.

    I think it's wise to keep studying, but I would hold down the number of
    hours for studying if you can get a job now.

    I always study at lunchtime, and 30 - 60 minutes a night, as possible.
    I've gotten into the habit of turning off the TV at 9pm, and then doing
    some C# exercises.

    I would never ask anyone to avoid searching for a job so they can
    study. The job is more important to you in the long run. A little bit
    of study each week, along with a job, is a good choice.

    Eric
    Eric, May 6, 2004

  3. Orbit

    Orbit Guest

    Hi Eric,

    You are a wealth of info & help...I appreciate you so
    much!

    My yahoo account is "". And yes,
    I'd love help with my resume. I have one, but I'm sure it
    could be refined "from a programmer's stance".

    I have NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER. I have other certs in
    JavaScript, etc which I'll elaborate on through the yahoo
    account. See you there!

    Orbit

    Orbit, May 8, 2004