    On my second computer I get only the Welcome sign before loading the Windows
    this
    is the way I would like to have it. Thanks Fred
    Fred J, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Fred J

    Senti Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:pbxAb.124633$...
    > My OS is Windows XP Pro. When I start my computer after the Windows
    > finishing to load
    > I get a Welcome sign and also my user name and "to begin click your user
    > name to begin"
    > how can I eliminate the clicking on the user name? Where I have to make

    the
    > changes?
    > On my second computer I get only the Welcome sign before loading the

    Windows
    > this
    > is the way I would like to have it. Thanks Fred

    Taken from,
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=324&dPage=3

    Or TinyURL,
    http://tinyurl.com/y2nc

    " If you have only one User account and you leave your password field blank
    you shouldn't be prompted for a username and password each time you bootup
    XP. This is the fast way to bootup. However, if you need several user
    accounts, but want one to automatically log on to XP at bootup without being
    prompted, go to Start, select Run and type "Control Userpasswords2" (without
    quotes). Now go to the Users tab and untick "Users must enter a username and
    password to use this computer" and enter the username and password for the
    autologon user. You will now reach your desktop much faster each time you
    bootup."

    "Next go to the Advanced tab and select the Advanced button. Select the User
    folder, right-click on the "Help Assistant" account, select properties and
    make sure the "User cannot change password", "Password never expires" and
    "Account is disabled" boxes are ticked for security purposes. You should do
    the same for the Support and Guest accounts. You can enable them again if
    Microsoft Support ask you to."

    HTH

    ~SF~
    Senti, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    HOW TO Change the Logon Window and the Shutdown
    Preferences in Windows XP

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:57:32 -0500, in
    <pbxAb.124633$>
    Fred J scrawled: