To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by AleXT, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. AleXT

    AleXT Guest

    I have very important question to me.
    Please answer if you know the answer.

    I want to earn MCSD for VS6 track.

    I have passed already 3 exams 70-100, 70-175, 70-176.
    As you know they are expired after 30 June.

    I'm preparing now to pass 70-229 now (it is not expired after 30 June).
    This is the last exam required to earn MCSD for me.

    To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?
    Or I can pass 70-229 after 30 June and I will get MCSD certification
    anyway?
    What would be official Microsoft answer in this case?

    Thanks,
    Alex T

    AleXT, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Hello,

    I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to complete the requirements.

    On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the tables below, Microsoft Visual Studio® 6.0–based exams are scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004, after which the MCSD on Visual Studio 6.0 track will no longer be available. Anyone who earned the MCSD certification before June 30, 2004, will remain certified" Yet when I talked to a contact on the phone they state that since 229 is still available you can still earn a MCSD. I am still trying to clarify. If I learn more I'll post here. In the meantime I've scheduled the exam before the end of June.

    Regards.

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdhYnJpZWxl?=, Jun 15, 2004

  3. I've spoke with a MS certification representative today to clarify and learned that because the "core" exams (which are to be discontinued) have been completed and all that remains is an "elective" exam, you can still earn MCSD for VS6 after June 30 if you wish and it be valid.

    Best Regards.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWdhYnJpZWxl?=, Jun 15, 2004
  4. In news: ,
    AleXT <> wrote:
    > I want to earn MCSD for VS6 track.
    >
    > I have passed already 3 exams 70-100, 70-175, 70-176.
    > As you know they are expired after 30 June.
    >
    > I'm preparing now to pass 70-229 now (it is not expired after 30
    > June). This is the last exam required to earn MCSD for me.
    >
    > To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?
    > Or I can pass 70-229 after 30 June and I will get MCSD certification
    > anyway?

    Hi AleXT,

    Please see
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=M...296301c4282c$bb8fc4d0$&rnum=2 .
    This concurs with what Mgabriele posted elsewhere in this thread. However,
    only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 15, 2004
  5. >Please see
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?q=M...296301c4282c$bb8fc4d0$&rnum=2 .
    >This concurs with what Mgabriele posted elsewhere in this thread. However,
    >only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

    Now you've done it! Next questions will be 'what is google?' & 'can I
    have dumps for google'!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 15, 2004
  6. In news: ,
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote:
    >> Please see

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=M...296301c4282c$bb8fc4d0$&rnum=2

    > Now you've done it! Next questions will be 'what is google?' & 'can I
    > have dumps for google'!!!

    <Chuckle> You don't really need to know what Goolge is, as long as you know
    how to click on a link. Of course, if the newsreader breaks the link then
    you'd have to know how to copy and paste also.

    The answer to that particular question is not that easy to find though.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 15, 2004
  7. >The answer to that particular question is not that easy to find though.

    As proclaimed in a resent thread on the same topic, in this instance,
    I agree with you.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 15, 2004
  8. In news: %,
    Cindy Winegarden <> wrote:
    > only a Microsoft representative can give a definitive answer.

    You can contact Microsoft by going to the Microsoft Learning (training and
    certification) website. (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.asp). At
    the bottom there's a "Contact us" link that brings you to the Learning
    Support page. There's a box on the right with a "Microsoft Certification
    Program Support" link. On the linked page, look in the "Microsoft
    Certification Program Support" section for directions.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 15, 2004
  9. AleXT

    AleXT Guest

    Re: To earn MCSD

    so, could we say that official microsoft answer is YES:
    if I passed already 3 core exams before 30 June, then if I will pass 70-229
    after 30 June,
    I will still earn MCSD certification on VS6 track?

    AleXT

    "Mgabriele" <> wrote in message
    > I've spoke with a MS certification representative today to clarify and

    learned that because the "core" exams (which are to be discontinued) have
    been completed and all that remains is an "elective" exam, you can still
    earn MCSD for VS6 after June 30 if you wish and it be valid.

    > Best Regards.
    >
    > "MGabriele" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to

    complete the requirements.

    > > On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the

    tables below, Microsoft Visual StudioR 6.0-based exams are scheduled for

    AleXT, Jun 15, 2004
  10. AleXT

    AleXT Guest

    Thanks for your help, Cindy

    AleXT, Jun 15, 2004
  11. AleXT

    Eric Guest

    > Now you've done it! Next questions will be 'what is google?' & 'can I
    > have dumps for google'!!!

    I google every morning to keep my breath fresh.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 16, 2004
  12. AleXT

    AleXT Guest

    Official Microsoft answer

    I emailed Microsoft and here is their official answer:

    "Thank you for your e-mail regarding exam 70-229 for MCSD certification.
    We appreciate your interest in becoming MCSD certified. Please be
    advised that exam 70-229 is not scheduled for discontinuation. You may
    complete exam 70-229 before of after June 30, 2004 in order to achieve
    MCSD certification. "

    -----------------------------

    AleXT, Jun 17, 2004
  13. Re: Official Microsoft answer

    Hi al

    glad I found this thread

    I've got exam 70-229 booked for Wednesday 23rd June. I don't think I'm anywhere near ready for the exam but I've been presured into booking it by Microsoft's misleading info about having to gain the exam before June 30th

    I've emailed both the US and European MCP help email addresses given on the MCSD site and will post their responses. I thought it best to email both in order to get a consistent response

    To anyone that's still gonna take the exam before the 30th June (just in case MS representatives are wrong!)...GOOD LUCK

    On that point, what happens if you don't take the exam until July and then you don't get awarded the MCSD? Surely MS will just say that their rep was incorrect and apologise (and probably give u a link to the MCSD.NET site!) :) This is my concern...perhaps there are tons of us out there with the same problem and MS staff have just got tired of telling us what we DON'T want to hear...so now they just say "yeah, take it later...no worry's"

    Cheer

    Wayne

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/

    Wayne Feltham, Jun 21, 2004
  14. Re: Official Microsoft answer

    Hi al

    Okay, here's the response I got from Microsoft

    Hello Wayne

    Thank you for your e-mail regarding the requirement for the MCSD certification

    As long as you complete and pass all exam before the June 30, 2004 deadline, they will count towards the MCSD requirement. And since exam 70-229 have not been discontinued, you can take it at anytime and still achieve the MCSD status. So to clarify, as long as you pass all the exam that are plan for discontinued before the actual date, they will count toward any certification that pertains to that area

    etc, etc, etc (stuff about ensuring that MS provide up-to-date exams etc, etc, et

    So, I'd say it's pretty deffinitive...get the 3 core exams before June 30th and then you're alright

    Cheer

    Wayne

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/

    Wayne Feltham, Jun 22, 2004
  15. Re: Official Microsoft answer

    Excellent News!!

    I have emailed Microsoft asking this question and am still waiting for a response!

    Mind You i left sitting the exams a little late...
    70-176 -> 14 June
    70-175 ->16 June
    70-100 -> 29 June

    ;o)