    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=5990474599

    Thanks so much for your help,
    Diane Louie
    Diane, May 1, 2004

  2. Spamming a technical newgroup with your requests is an inappropriate way to
    conduct research, and is probably against your computer department policies.
    Phillip Remaker, May 1, 2004

  3. In article <zGOkc.3899$>,
    Phillip Remaker <> wrote:
    :Spamming a technical newgroup with your requests is an inappropriate way to
    :conduct research, and is probably against your computer department policies.

    A single non-commercial post? Sent to the closest thing public thing
    there is to being a newsgroup about Cisco, and the posting is relevant
    to Cisco? That's not spam under any definition that I am aware of,
    and I doubt very much that it would offend the computer department
    policies of any university.

    What it -might- offend is the Sociology Department (or equivilent)
    policies, as there are sometimes policies about how surveys are to
    be conducted; in particular, any kind of broadcast asking people to
    take a survey is considered to introduce "self-selection" bias
    that may invalidate the results.
    --
    Feep if you love VT-52's.
    Walter Roberson, May 1, 2004