    again if given the chance? Is it a worthwhile cert.?
    Any and all responses welcome.
    Thanks.

    Bob F., Dec 7, 2003

  2. Bob F.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >would you do it over
    >again if given the chance?

    Sure, it's not difficult; after of it's not rocket science.

    >Is it a worthwhile cert.?

    Ha Ha!

    Depends what you're meaning of 'worthwhile' is!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Bob F.

    Jay Walters Guest

    Yeah - there is a certain amount of self-forfillment when
    achieving anything.

    But it's not a magical cert. It hasn't help me get a pay
    raise. I'm happy where I'm working - so it hasn't help me
    look for a job.

    If anything, it's just a little hint to those around me,
    that I do have a certain amount of base knowledge.. that
    I really am familiar with .NET, C#, VB.NET and VS.. but
    again, it doesn't prove that I'm any good at these
    things..

    It's the whole package... everything.

    Experience, approach to solving problems, gather and
    define requirements, manage the efforts of others, work
    as a team member, and ability to deliver working
    solutions on time and within budget.

    These are the things that stand out, not a certificate.

    Jay Walters, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Bob F.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I'm happy where I'm working

    This most important point - being happy.

    >Experience, approach to solving problems, gather and
    >define requirements, manage the efforts of others, work
    >as a team member, and ability to deliver working
    >solutions on time and within budget.

    Ah music to my ears....

    Kline Sphere, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Bob F.

    Jay Walters Guest

    Sometimes the truth feels good. :p

    Jay Walters, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Bob F.

    Guest Guest

    If this subject is trivial to you, then you should learn
    more about the cert you want to take.

    Beware if you are a beginner, it is not trivial,....if
    you have been in SE for a while it may be trivial for you.

    Guest, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Bob F.

    Mas Jabier Guest

    Bob,

    It's not certification that makes you worthed, but the
    idea is the experience and knowledge you have gained to
    earn those certifications.

    I have been 5 years in Software Development using various
    tools : VB, C++, PHP,ASP etc. But only this year I went to
    certifications, as I want to test myself adapting .NET
    standards, which also standards in my company.

    Rgds.

    Jody Ananda
    MCAD,MCSD.Net

    Mas Jabier, Dec 17, 2003