    ..How to support your loved ones and friends with OCD
    http://www.seegoul.com/home.php/gkY5DPXY0C

    , Mar 10, 2006

  2. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    wrote:

    > While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be in
    > the dark about OCD.

    Sounds very nice, til you get to the bit where it says
    ----------------
    Right now, for a very limited time, you can take advantage of this
    special
    promotional offer and receive your Beat Your OCD Handbook for just
    $49.... just a fraction of the cost of an OCD therapy session (which
    could
    cost you as much as $150-$250 or more per hour).
    -------------------

    so, basically this is spam.
    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006

  3. werdan Guest

    Re: To make us money

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be in
    >> the dark about OCD.

    > Sounds very nice, til you get to the bit where it says
    > ----------------
    > Right now, for a very limited time, you can take advantage of this
    > special
    > promotional offer and receive your Beat Your OCD Handbook for just
    > $49.... just a fraction of the cost of an OCD therapy session (which
    > could
    > cost you as much as $150-$250 or more per hour).
    > -------------------
    >
    > so, basically this is spam.
    > --

    If it really was about OCD, you would have seen the same message posted 20 times :)

    werdan, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    werdan wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > wrote:
    > >>
    > >> While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be in
    > >> the dark about OCD.

    > > Sounds very nice, til you get to the bit where it says
    > > ----------------
    > > Right now, for a very limited time, you can take advantage of this
    > > special
    > > promotional offer and receive your Beat Your OCD Handbook for just
    > > $49.... just a fraction of the cost of an OCD therapy session (which
    > > could
    > > cost you as much as $150-$250 or more per hour).
    > > -------------------
    > >
    > > so, basically this is spam.
    > > --

    > If it really was about OCD, you would have seen the same message posted 20 times :)

    :O) Even as a sufferer I can appreciate that

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006
  5. Frank ess Guest

    Re: To make us money

    werdan wrote:
    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be
    >>> in
    >>> the dark about OCD.

    >> Sounds very nice, til you get to the bit where it says
    >> ----------------
    >> Right now, for a very limited time, you can take advantage of this
    >> special
    >> promotional offer and receive your Beat Your OCD Handbook for just
    >> $49.... just a fraction of the cost of an OCD therapy session
    >> (which
    >> could
    >> cost you as much as $150-$250 or more per hour).
    >> -------------------
    >>
    >> so, basically this is spam.
    >> --

    > If it really was about OCD, you would have seen the same message
    > posted 20 times :)

    Or never made it to viewing, imperfect as it is

    Frank ess, Mar 10, 2006
  6. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:39:25 -0800, naropserpacs wrote:

    > While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be in
    > the dark about OCD.
    > Since education about OCD is one of THE most powerful weapons you need
    > to win the battle against OCD... today I'm going to help you get
    > started understanding how to win the battle against OCD.
    > In fact, maybe right now you are concerned that you or a loved one has
    > OCD?
    > If so, you need the very latest OCD information ... You need to know
    > .How to recognize the symptoms of OCD
    > .Possible causes of OCD
    > .How to manage OCD and live a more "normal" life
    > .The positives and negatives of the most commonly-used OCD treatments
    > and medications
    > .How to support your loved ones and friends with OCD
    > http://www.seegoul.com/home.php/gkY5DPXY0C

    Just what has this to do with digital photography?

    Notice the Name of this newsgroup. Please post the rest of your ramblings
    in a relevant group.

    --
    Neil
    Delete 'l' to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Mar 10, 2006
  7. Colin Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Paul

    Just think what the f*ck, I don't care. Disorder cured.

    Colin, Mar 10, 2006
  8. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Colin wrote:

    > Paul
    >
    > Just think what the f*ck, I don't care. Disorder cured.
    >
    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > :O) Even as a sufferer I can appreciate that

    Heh heh. It would be nice. Pychologist once said to me "Stop analysing
    everything!"

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006
  9. Colin Guest

    Re: To make us money

    I do not suffer from OCD, but am mildly affected at work.

    My technique is to think 'what's the worst that can happen'?

    Colin, Mar 10, 2006
  10. Helen Guest

    Re: To make us money

    > werdan wrote:
    >> If it really was about OCD, you would have seen the same message posted
    >> 20 times :)

    And posted with extremely clean hands.

    Helen, Mar 10, 2006
  11. Please post this where it belongs!

    Charles Schuler, Mar 10, 2006
  12. Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:28:39 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
    <> wrote:

    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!
    >Please post this where it belongs!

    Now, *THAT"S* OCD.

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Mar 10, 2006
  13. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Colin wrote:

    > I do not suffer from OCD, but am mildly affected at work.
    >
    > My technique is to think 'what's the worst that can happen'?

    Jees, if I did THAT I'd never move! Seriously, it's pretty hard to
    describe actually the process involved, but if I had understood it
    when it started I could probably have stood a good chance against it.
    Knowing what it is and how it works doesn't simplify nor cure, sadly.

    I can kick its arse one attack at a time, but it attacks so many times
    and in so many ways that it wins more times than I.

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006
  14. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Helen wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > werdan wrote:
    > >> If it really was about OCD, you would have seen the same message posted
    > >> 20 times :)

    > And posted with extremely clean hands.

    :O) It isn't all about that, though I admit it has been at times. It
    can be something so small, right down to a line in an email, or as big
    as you like, and with no rhyme nor reason.

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006
  15. Paul Heslop Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:28:39 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >Please post this where it belongs!
    > >

    > Now, *THAT"S* OCD.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    :O)

    Paul Heslop, Mar 10, 2006
  16. Mike Henley Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Helen wrote:
    > >
    > > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > And posted with extremely clean hands.

    > :O) It isn't all about that, though I admit it has been at times. It
    > can be something so small, right down to a line in an email, or as big
    > as you like, and with no rhyme nor reason.
    > --
    > Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    > Stop and Look
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    The letter 'y' unsettles the hell out of me. I avoid it in my writing,
    in my speech and even in my thought. I'm meticulous about choosing
    words that don't have it unless I must.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.usage.english/msg/4842f9e3b98e704e

    That, and a few other things.

    Mike Henley, Mar 10, 2006
  17. Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: To make us money

    Mike Henley wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Helen wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > > > And posted with extremely clean hands.

    > > :O) It isn't all about that, though I admit it has been at times. It
    > > can be something so small, right down to a line in an email, or as big
    > > as you like, and with no rhyme nor reason.
    > > --
    > > Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    > > Stop and Look
    > > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    > The letter 'y' unsettles the hell out of me. I avoid it in my writing,
    > in my speech and even in my thought. I'm meticulous about choosing
    > words that don't have it unless I must.
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.usage.english/msg/4842f9e3b98e704e
    >
    > That, and a few other things.

    It's difficult to explain, isn't it? At the peak of my illness I lost
    the ability to read anything serious (unable to read past a paragraph,
    or sometimes a line, having to repeat over and over) This took away
    one of my great loves and it took about ten years to fight back.

    I used to draw, for a hobby, self taught from the age of about 15,
    that has almost completely ground to a halt, so much so that most
    drawings i do attempt look nothing like anything I did back when.

    Those are my biggest losses, I think, though photography and other
    things are sadly joining the list. A digital camera brought me a good
    deal of pleasure for a while though, at a time when i didn't expect to
    get that enjoyment out of anything.

    And now, this email is causing some problems (I have just cancelled
    the next couple of paragraphs) so I'm going to send it and bore the
    butt off you before I change my mind :O))

    Paul Heslop, Mar 11, 2006
  18. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > While the statistics on OCD are scary, it's even more scary to be in
    > the dark about OCD.
    > Since education about OCD is one of THE most powerful weapons you need
    > to win the battle against OCD... today I'm going to help you get
    > started understanding how to win the battle against OCD.
    > In fact, maybe right now you are concerned that you or a loved one has
    > OCD?
    > If so, you need the very latest OCD information ... You need to know
    > .How to recognize the symptoms of OCD
    > .Possible causes of OCD
    > .How to manage OCD and live a more "normal" life
    > .The positives and negatives of the most commonly-used OCD treatments
    > and medications
    > .How to support your loved ones and friends with OCD
    > http://www.seegoul.com/home.php/gkY5DPXY0C

    OCD = Optical Character Deconstruction? What the heck is that?

    Stewy, Mar 16, 2006