    through this or not?

    I'm trying to determine the best way to learn and get my
    MCSE. thanks in advance.

    Iggypop, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Iggypop

    Dragon Guest

    But why????????????

    Dragon, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Iggypop

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:35:36 -0700, "Iggypop" <>
    wrote:

    >to anyone that already has the MCSE, would u recommend
    >that I take a course in a technical college to get me
    >through this or not?

    I don't know you or your abilities and experience. I wouldn't make a
    recommendation at all.

    >I'm trying to determine the best way to learn and get my
    >MCSE. thanks in advance.

    That's not something anyone can tell you, you have to figure it out on
    your own. If you're unable to do so, you're likely not ready for the
    certification.

    There are many ways to get the knowledge needed for certification,
    some may even help prepare you for a job. But whether or not you can
    gain that knowledge through self study, online or instructor-led
    courses or a collegiate program is something only you can know.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 20, 2004
  4. You need significant hands-on time w/ the operating systems on which you're
    certifying. If you can get that at work or at home, you may be able to
    self-study. If not, you'd better get some training somewhere where you can
    actually manipulate the OS's.

    Assuming you can configure a home lab ... even a couple PC's on which you
    can install / uninstall / reconfigure OS's at will ... it depends on how you
    learn best.

    dwilson

    Daniel Wilson, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Iggypop

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Iggypop" <> spewed in

    > I'm trying to determine the best way to learn and get my
    > MCSE.

    every student is different. Find out more about the course and interview
    the trainer of any Instructor lead course you plan on taking. remember that
    you are the customer and that they shoudl be catering to you. If you don't
    like the instructor don't go there. also remember that you will need to
    augment your study with real hands on out side the classroom.Classes good,
    real world better...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 20, 2004
  6. Iggypop

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Iggypop" <> wrote in news:2fd001c49f1f$18032b80
    $:

    > to anyone that already has the MCSE, would u recommend
    > that I take a course in a technical college to get me
    > through this or not?

    nope.

    > I'm trying to determine the best way to learn and get my
    > MCSE. thanks in advance.

    get the evals, install on a box, and use the built in help as well and MS
    support/KB/TechNet

    you can do it!!!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39