To All Regulars...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dairy Queen" <> wrote in message
    |I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself
    the
    | 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
    | people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    | hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers,
    have
    | children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
    | to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay
    $20
    | an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    | someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
    | Best regards,
    | Unimpressed

    Time out...and chill! This isn't "LIVE" support. Sometimes it takes a while.
    We aren't getting paid for this either, and quite frankly, it's interfering
    with watching my football games. That doesn't mean you won't get what you
    pay for...

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Dairy Queen wrote:

    > I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
    > 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
    > people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    > hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
    > children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
    > to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
    > an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    > someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
    > Best regards,
    > Unimpressed

    So sign up for the Premium version.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Dairy Queen Guest

    sorry Toolman... didn't mean to offend... am home ill today and have taken
    time to read (and file for future reference) many of the posts and was quite
    shocked at how little patience many of the regulars have for us "newbies" as
    we were called back in the days I had time to teach myself via online
    tutorials and newsgroups. I apologize and am hereby chastened.

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim

    Dairy Queen Guest

    Your slander is to be expected and thank you for letting me know how much
    you care. :) People like you make newsgroups interesting and humorous.

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim

    Dairy Queen Guest

    Perhaps not, I will agree, but to a certain degree it has the ring of truth
    for some (such as you), don'cha think? Although your posts are humorous and
    original they are not for the most part very helpful, now are they? :)

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim

    Dairy Queen Guest

    The statement may have been true, but wasn't helpful as it was information
    that had already been deduced long before a post had been made. :)

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  8. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sat,
    8 Jan 2005 21:59:48 -0800, "Dairy Queen" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
    >24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
    >people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    >hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
    >children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
    >to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
    >an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    >someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
    >Best regards,
    >Unimpressed

    Wow, it must be really cold in Vermont because your fucking brain is
    frozen. You assume too many things, like anybody gives a shit about
    how pathetic your life is or how completely inept you are with a
    computer. Now, you're whining and bitching about the quality of help
    you're getting in this august froup, which is done voluntarily and
    with no strings attached. **** you in the ass, no one is going to help
    you, now, even if some of these cluster fucks knew the correct answer.
    As for your aunt and her dicked up PC, she really needs to take it in
    and have someone look at the fucker. I don't see how anyone could
    diagnose the problem when you don't even have the fucking thing in
    front of you.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jan 9, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim

    Dairy Queen Guest

    Not sure I want to visit the site after reading the legal jargon... little
    'uns may be bombarded with naughty popups whilst trying to access the Thomas
    the Tank Engine site...

    Dairy Queen, Jan 9, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim

    Richard Guest

    > I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself

    the
    > 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
    > people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    > hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers,

    have
    > children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
    > to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay

    $20
    > an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    > someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
    > Best regards,
    > Unimpressed

    Understanding that you did say you are ill while posting this.

    In part, I will have to agree that some certain individuals around will chop
    off the head of a newbee for asking a simple question.
    But you have to admit, if that newbee would take the time to read a few
    posts that were closely related to his own problem, he'd most likely find
    the solution himself.

    There used to be a time when it seemed like every day we would see "how do
    you create a newsgroup?" asked ten times in the same day.
    And I'm sure you'll find a few dozen recent posts on "how do I view these
    movies?".

    Then you have the newbee type who asks his question, gets a hundred

    Some of the "regulars" are only to eager to chop heads for asking certain
    questions that the person could have answered himself quite easily.

    I will try to help as best as I can to a point, then it's up to the poster
    to LEARN what to do from there.
    As in your case after formatting your drive, you learned quickly that many
    were only to eager to assist you properly.
    AND, I might add, you even posted a "thanks" which is rare.

    Don't worry about slapping some of the regulars like this.
    They need to understand they were a newbee once.

    Richard, Jan 9, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:59:48 -0800, Dairy Queen wrote:

    >I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the

    You who?

    I think you don't understand Usenet.

    >24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the

    Go play somewhere else.

    >people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    >hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have

    Oh groan.....

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 9, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:59:48 -0800, Dairy Queen wrote:

    >I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
    >24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the

    <snip>

    Really meant :)

    Me

    why?, Jan 9, 2005
  13. Toolman Tim

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dairy Queen composed the following;:
    > I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call
    > yourself the 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are
    > willing to help are the people who don't really need it? The people
    > like myself who hold down 40 hour a week jobs, a high school
    > education that didn't offer computers, have children and have no time
    > to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end to find the one
    > thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20 an hour
    > for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    > someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple
    > question. Best regards,
    > Unimpressed

    Sounds like someone is a little pissed .. Heheheh

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

    Paul - xxx, Jan 9, 2005
  14. Toolman Tim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Dairy Queen wrote:
    > I think you should change the name of your newsgroup. Why call yourself the
    > 24hoursupport helpdesk if the only people you are willing to help are the
    > people who don't really need it? The people like myself who hold down 40
    > hour a week jobs, a high school education that didn't offer computers, have
    > children and have no time to read 2000 page manuals, surf for hours on end
    > to find the one thing you need to answer a question, or the money to pay $20
    > an hour for 10 minutes of work that could have been done by ourselves if
    > someone at a 24hoursupport helpdesk had simply answered a simple question.
    > Best regards,
    > Unimpressed

    Show me a milkman in high heels, and I'll show you a Dairy Queen.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jan 10, 2005
  15. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:33:41 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >Show me a milkman in high heels, and I'll show you a Dairy Queen.

    Only if his shoes match his purse. Otherwise he's just a guy in drag.

    Swill

    --
    If electricity comes from electrons,
    does morality come from morons?

    Governor Swill, Jan 10, 2005
  16. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Governor Swill" <> wrote in message
    | On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:33:41 GMT, Old Gringo
    | <> wrote:
    |
    | >Show me a milkman in high heels, and I'll show you a Dairy Queen.
    |
    | Only if his shoes match his purse. Otherwise he's just a guy in drag.
    |
    | Swill

    LMAO!!!

    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2005