    Hi all,
    Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
    Thank you for your kind advice.
    tan, Nov 30, 2003

  2. tan

    David Wood Guest

    > Hi all,
    > Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
    > Thank you for your kind advice.

    Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
    Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to add
    to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the other icons
    are. If you want to remove something, just right click on it and delete.
    David Wood, Nov 30, 2003

  3. tan

    tan Guest

    "David Wood" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
    > > Thank you for your kind advice.

    > Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
    > Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to add
    > to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the other icons
    > are. If you want to remove something, just right click on it and delete.

    I am not sure what bar it is named. What I mean is that the icons at the
    extreme right of the Start Button where the clock icon is.
    Thanks
    tan, Nov 30, 2003
  4. tan

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  5. tan

    trout Guest

    tan wrote:

    > "David Wood" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
    >>> Thank you for your kind advice.

    >> Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
    >> Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to
    >> add to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the
    >> other icons are. If you want to remove something, just right click
    >> on it and delete.

    > I am not sure what bar it is named. What I mean is that the icons at
    > the extreme right of the Start Button where the clock icon is.
    > Thanks

    That's the system tray; or systray. Most often, there will be
    something in the "options" section of individual programs to show an
    icon there or not. Sometimes, not.
    There are programs (many freeware) to modify tho over-all
    appearance of the systray, including the options to minimize an open
    program to there, hide all the icons, change the tray to a pop-up menu,
    etc.
    --
    "Depends what you want to do."
    trout, Nov 30, 2003