    For versions with restriction some say remove line
    {HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63902277-B101-4049-8B46-C24B67E155E5} each month.
    but I have no such line in my registry

    F Murtz, May 30, 2006

  2. F Murtz

    unclejr Guest

    F Murtz wrote:
    > Where can I get early version of tmpgenc (without 30 day restriction on
    > mpeg2)

    I'm sure that if you actually paid for it, you will get no 30-day
    restriction. HTH.

    -Junior

    unclejr, May 30, 2006

  3. F Murtz

    Guest

    Heh.

    If you choose to not pay for something you should at least be smart
    enough to realise you are asking how to steal it in a public forum.
    It's almost like a built in intelligence test. ;-)

    , May 30, 2006
  4. F Murtz

    F Murtz Guest

    wrote:
    > Heh.
    >
    > If you choose to not pay for something you should at least be smart
    > enough to realise you are asking how to steal it in a public forum.
    > It's almost like a built in intelligence test. ;-)

    You are missing the point it is freeware
    The later versions have a restriction on the mpeg2 component .the early
    version did not I want the early version

    F Murtz, May 30, 2006
  5. On 5/30/2006, F Murtz posted this:
    > wrote:
    >> Heh.
    >>
    >> If you choose to not pay for something you should at least be smart
    >> enough to realise you are asking how to steal it in a public forum.
    >> It's almost like a built in intelligence test. ;-)
    >>

    > You are missing the point it is freeware
    > The later versions have a restriction on the mpeg2 component .the early
    > version did not I want the early version

    Well, someone is missing the point.

    G.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251

    Gene E. Bloch, May 30, 2006
  6. F Murtz

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    No someone is ignoring the point!

    Hebee Jeebes, May 30, 2006
  7. On 5/30/2006, Hebee Jeebes posted this:
    > No someone is ignoring the point!

    :)

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251

    Gene E. Bloch, May 30, 2006
  8. No version of the program has EVER been released without the restriction on
    MPEG-2 encode. MPEG-2 is proprietary technology and when released on other
    than a trial basis a fairly hefty license fee must be paid by the author for
    every unit distributed. No one can distribute MPEG-2 encoding software for
    free.

    Colon Terminus, May 30, 2006
  9. F Murtz

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:03:24 +1000, F Murtz <>
    wrote:

    >You are missing the point it is freeware
    >The later versions have a restriction on the mpeg2 component .the early
    >version did not I want the early version

    MPEG2 is NOT freeware, it is still held by copyright holder. TMPGEnc
    merely offers the feature but the author still has to pay to the
    holder so when you pay for it, you are paying for the right to use
    MPEG2 and not for the program itself.

    Don't be a moron, pay up.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, May 30, 2006
  10. F Murtz

    Biz Guest

    There was never a version of it without the 30 day mpeg2 restriction, you
    were misinformed.

    Biz, May 30, 2006
  11. F Murtz

    yeltz Guest

    yeltz, May 31, 2006
  12. F Murtz

    Alpha Guest

    "yeltz" <> wrote in message

    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    >> No one can distribute MPEG-2 encoding software for free.

    > HCEnc - free
    > http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/hc.htm
    > QEnc - free

    Illegal and pirated.

    Alpha, May 31, 2006
  13. F Murtz

    F Murtz Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > There was never a version of it without the 30 day mpeg2 restriction, you
    > were misinformed.
    >
    > "F Murtz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Where can I get early version of tmpgenc (without 30 day restriction on
    >>mpeg2)
    >> For versions with restriction some say remove line
    >>{HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63902277-B101-4049-8B46-C24B67E155E5} each

    > month.
    >
    >>but I have no such line in my registry

    Supposed to be ver 1.2a (no 30 day restrict)

    F Murtz, May 31, 2006
  14. F Murtz

    Mike Berger Guest

    Snopes debunks that as an Urban Legend.

    Mike Berger, May 31, 2006
  15. F Murtz

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Impmon wrote:

    > On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:03:24 +1000, F Murtz <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>You are missing the point it is freeware
    >>The later versions have a restriction on the mpeg2 component .the early
    >>version did not I want the early version

    > MPEG2 is NOT freeware,

    It is a format, not xx-ware of any kind.

    > it is still held by copyright holder.

    And the "copyright holder" would be ,,, MPEG!

    > TMPGEnc
    > merely offers the feature but the author still has to pay to the
    > holder so when you pay for it, you are paying for the right to use
    > MPEG2 and not for the program itself.

    I can see you believe this to be so, but whom would one pay?

    Rick Merrill, May 31, 2006
  16. F Murtz

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    The one to pay is the company that puts the Mpeg support in their product.
    This is why there is a time limit. They aren't going to pay if your not
    going to buy. If you buy and pay for the product then they pay the copyright
    holder. Just like Adobe does for JPG, etc. When you buy the product the
    license fee to use the copyrighted material is included in the price.

    Hebee Jeebes, May 31, 2006
  17. F Murtz

    Alpha Guest

    "Hebee Jeebes" <> wrote in message
    > The one to pay is the company that puts the Mpeg support in their product.
    > This is why there is a time limit. They aren't going to pay if your not
    > going to buy. If you buy and pay for the product then they pay the
    > copyright holder. Just like Adobe does for JPG, etc. When you buy the
    > product the license fee to use the copyrighted material is included in the
    > price.

    The Motion Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) is not a public service freeware
    entity.

    Alpha, Jun 1, 2006
  18. F Murtz

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Never said it was. The guy asked who he should pay for Mpeg and I simply
    told him that they get paid when you purchase software that uses. The
    creator of the software pays the licenses so that they can include support
    for that format in their product.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jun 1, 2006
  19. F Murtz

    F Murtz Guest

    Hebee Jeebes wrote:
    > Never said it was. The guy asked who he should pay for Mpeg and I simply
    > told him that they get paid when you purchase software that uses. The
    > creator of the software pays the licenses so that they can include support
    > for that format in their product.

    You dont pay for freeware TMPGEnc is freeware

    F Murtz, Jun 1, 2006
  20. F Murtz

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    No it is not. They have demo and then past that you buy it. Even if it was
    freeware that doesn't mean they are going to give you Mpeg encoding for free
    what it costs them money.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jun 1, 2006