    the middle of the show. I think I am going to try to do all the editing on
    the computer next time and see if this is better but for now I was hoping
    someone knew something about this problem. thanks for any help.

    MauiJNP, Jan 11, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Alpha Guest

    VideoReDo software. Try it.

    By the way, if you want a point less than 1/30 sec. (frame rate for NTSC),
    the answer is NO.

    Alpha, Jan 11, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    > VideoReDo software. Try it.

    do you know if this software re-encodes the video or does it keep the
    quality the same? thanks

    > By the way, if you want a point less than 1/30 sec. (frame rate for NTSC),
    > the answer is NO.

    thanks. that's good to know

    MauiJNP, Jan 11, 2005
  4. MauiJNP

    John Howells Guest

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote

    > I am using this program to import some dvdrw-vr files to convert them to
    > dvdr-video files. it works fast and is great and easy to use. here's the
    > problem, apparently when I was editing with my standalone recorder the in
    > and out cut points have changed slightly when the video is shown on my
    > computer. I was trying to edit the one or two frames with the TMPGEnc
    > program and it says that it can't set the cut points in the middle of a
    > frame or something like that. is there anyway to change this setting? I
    > don't want to use the cut points that the program suggests because it is

    in
    > the middle of the show. I think I am going to try to do all the editing

    on
    > the computer next time and see if this is better but for now I was hoping
    > someone knew something about this problem. thanks for any help.

    TMPGenc DVD Author has two problems with editing, (1) that you can only
    select the first frame of a GOP (Group Of Pictures - a set of usually 10 to
    18 frames) as an edit point (which seems to be the problem you are having),
    and (2) there is a slight "pause" at the edit point when played back on a
    DVD player (this is noted in the FAQ on their web site). You will have these
    problems whenever you edit using DVD Author, whatever editing may or may not
    have been done previously.

    Someone did suggest that DVD Author will one day include frame accurate
    editing. Until then you need to use a separate editor, such as VideoReDo
    already noted or TMPGenc's own editor, to do *ALL* the editing first
    (including joining any pieces you want to be part of one program), and use
    DVD Author only to create menus and add chapter points. VideoReDo will not
    recode, except momentarily for the few frames at each edit point where it
    has to do so. Generally this is only visible as momentary pixellation if it
    coincides with a fade to or from black that is already problematic.

    John Howells

    John Howells, Jan 11, 2005
  5. MauiJNP

    Alpha Guest

    VideoReDo does not re encode. Pristine output.

    Alpha, Jan 11, 2005
  6. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    > VideoReDo does not re encode. Pristine output.

    thanks

    MauiJNP, Jan 11, 2005