    minutes of the file. Can TMPGEnc do this? If not, what is the
    recommendation.

    Danny Deger
    Danny Deger, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Danny Deger

    JoJo Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:39:47 -0500, Danny Deger wrote:

    > I am using TMPGEnc to encode an AVI file. But I need to clip the last 20
    > minutes of the file. Can TMPGEnc do this? If not, what is the
    > recommendation.

    You can set the source range in TMPGenc.
    Or later you can merge&cut with the mpeg tools in TMPGenc.

    --
    Johan
    http://jojo.havank.com of http://jojo.nb.nu
    JoJo, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Danny Deger

    Danny Deger Guest

    "JoJo" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:39:47 -0500, Danny Deger wrote:
    >
    > > I am using TMPGEnc to encode an AVI file. But I need to clip the last

    20
    > > minutes of the file. Can TMPGEnc do this? If not, what is the
    > > recommendation.

    > You can set the source range in TMPGenc.
    > Or later you can merge&cut with the mpeg tools in TMPGenc.
    >
    > --
    > Johan
    > http://jojo.havank.com of http://jojo.nb.nu
    > Over Videobewerking en DVD authoring.
    > Reactie op usenetpostjes svp in de groep.

    I have looked and look on how to set the source range. Can you give me a
    hint?

    Danny Deger
    Danny Deger, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Danny Deger

    Samuel Paik Guest

    "Danny Deger" <> wrote:
    > > You can set the source range in TMPGenc.
    > > Or later you can merge&cut with the mpeg tools in TMPGenc.

    > I have looked and look on how to set the source range. Can you give me a
    > hint?

    While using the wizard, on page 3 ("filter setting"), there's a check
    box next to "Source range". Click on it and you'll get the source
    range dialog. Or at pretty much any step, there is a Settings button,
    which brings up an MPEG Settings dialog. Click on the Advanced
    tab, and then check the "Source range" check box and then
    double click on the "Source range" label to get the Source range dialog.

    Sam
    Samuel Paik, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Danny Deger

    Dr. Mercury Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:24:22 -0500, "Danny Deger"
    <> wrote:

    >I have looked and look on how to set the source range. Can you give me a
    >hint?

    Open "Setting", Advanced tab, double-click on "Source Range". This
    will allow you to mark off a 'start' and 'end' time for tests.

    Other Source Range tips:

    1. There's a very cool "Cut Editing" feature that allows you to snip
    out parts of the render, like commercials from a vidcap.

    2. For a normal full-movie render, open Source Range and click on the
    "Default" button. This slips a "-1" in the 'End frame' box, which
    will keep the audio from cutting off a bit too soon at the end of the
    movie. Be sure to have Source Range checked on the Advanced panel or
    it won't work.

    3. There are two important numbers at the top, the resolution and the
    time. Most movies are 720-wide, with a few 704-wide. When you render
    a regular 4:3 full-screen movie, TMPGEnc's templates default to the
    "704" one, which will throw the aspect ratio off a tiny bit. Every
    time you load a fresh D2V file (for a 4:3 movie), then load a fresh
    template, that box has to be changed to the regular one, without the
    704.

    The time is important if you're using the NIMF to determine the size
    of the MPEG before rendering. Here's the one for SVCD:

    www.svcd.cc/formula.htm

    and for rendering one regular movie to DVD:

    www.svcd.cc/2211/dvdr/formula2.htm

    Load the D2V, the template, open Source Range, click on "Default", hit
    the "Move to end frame" button and the time of the movie will display
    at the top. That's the figure you use with the NIMF.

    Have fun with the project,
    Doc

    --

    For all of your DVD, SVCD and DivX needs: www.svcd.cc