    I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Regards.
    Kardon Coupé, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Kardon Coupé

    Grayham Guest

    Hi ya I was told this
    "try increasing the priority of the directshow reader in options >
    environmental setting > vfapi plug in"

    It did not work at first so i checked out my avi with gspot and found some
    of my codec's where not configured properly. I uninstalled them and
    reinstalled them and then tried the above again and all worked fine.
    Virtualdubmod will tell you if there is anything wrong with the file, It
    turned out the file i was using had a corrupted header and would only be
    read by certain codec's.

    Hope some of that helps

    "G"

    "Kardon Coupé" <> wrote in message
    > I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
    > misplaced the reply....
    >
    > I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
    > increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

    can't

    Grayham, Apr 17, 2004

  3. On 2 at the mo, and still no audio.

    Kardon Coupé, Apr 17, 2004
  4. Kardon Coupé

    Wooducoodu Guest

    if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it work
    with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.

    Wooducoodu, Apr 17, 2004
  5. That hard?

    Kardon Coupé, Apr 17, 2004
  6. Kardon Coupé

    Wooducoodu Guest

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides.php?...tall=0&archive=0&search=Search or List Guides

    there's one way. you can also seperate the audio with virtualdub and convert with besweet.

    Wooducoodu, Apr 17, 2004
  7. Kardon Coupé

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:36:41 GMT, "Wooducoodu"
    <> wrote:

    >if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it work
    >with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.

    snip

    Perhaps I am confused. If you rip a vob file to the hard drive isn't
    the audio stream always an ac3 audio file. When I rip commentay tracks
    or the entire audio from the movie it always results in a ac3 file. If
    that is correct then is tmpgenc does not apply to these dvd ripped
    files.
    , Apr 18, 2004
  8. Kardon Coupé

    Ken Maltby Guest

    > I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
    > misplaced the reply....
    >
    > I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
    > increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

    can't
    > remember...
    > I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Regards.

    Which "TMPGEnc" are you talking about? The TMPGEnc Encoder?
    The TMPGEnc DVD Author?

    If when you "convert with TmpgEnc" you mean the author to DVD/
    convert to .vob process - then TMPGEnc DVD Author will process the
    AC3 audio (as stereo) but you won't hear it until you play the result.
    (Unless you have properly installed the AC3 decoder)

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Apr 19, 2004
  9. Kardon Coupé

    Wooducoodu Guest

    if it's a dvd rip you run it through dvd2avi first and decode to wav.

    Wooducoodu, Apr 19, 2004
  10. Kardon Coupé

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:51:17 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    snips

    > If when you "convert with TmpgEnc" you mean the author to DVD/
    >convert to .vob process - then TMPGEnc DVD Author will process the
    >AC3 audio (as stereo) but you won't hear it until you play the result.
    >(Unless you have properly installed the AC3 decoder)

    TMPGEnc DVD Author. In another thread I have a registered copy of
    author and the ac3 decoder but no audio. How did you install the
    decoder "properly" or did you just accept the default installation.
    Perhaps incorrectly I choose to install the decoder into the TMPGEnc
    DVD Author.folder and when I look at the about info it tmpgenc the
    decoder info should show up but it is lacking.
    , Apr 19, 2004
  11. Kardon Coupé

    Ken Maltby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:51:17 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > snips
    >
    > > If when you "convert with TmpgEnc" you mean the author to DVD/
    > >convert to .vob process - then TMPGEnc DVD Author will process the
    > >AC3 audio (as stereo) but you won't hear it until you play the result.
    > >(Unless you have properly installed the AC3 decoder)

    > TMPGEnc DVD Author. In another thread I have a registered copy of
    > author and the ac3 decoder but no audio. How did you install the
    > decoder "properly" or did you just accept the default installation.
    > Perhaps incorrectly I choose to install the decoder into the TMPGEnc
    > DVD Author.folder and when I look at the about info it tmpgenc the
    > decoder info should show up but it is lacking.

    I haven't bothered to get the plug-in, as I rarely deal with AC3 and
    when I have, it has come out fine, despite my not hearing it while I edit.
    I find that MPEG Layer 2 audio gives me good compression and sound
    quality for my captures. (As I capture the analog signal and my card
    only has stereo input, AC3 has little to offer.)

    When you first load your source DVD VIDEO_TS folder you can
    select the video title and the audio to use with it. The AC3 audio may
    not be the one displayed and you will have to select it.

    Oh, and I just did it again and it shows as digital and 6 channel when
    loaded. When I play it in PowerDVD XP I have to select the audio
    channel and it is displayed as "Dolby Digital 5.1 448kbs".

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Apr 19, 2004