    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=23384>.

    Make sure your wireless network is using AES encryption, not TKIP or
    (shudder) WEP!

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 28, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Down from 15 minutes to just 60 seconds
    > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=23384>.
    >
    > Make sure your wireless network is using AES encryption, not TKIP or
    > (shudder) WEP!

    Or use SSL/SSH technology over the air.

    Sailor Sam, Aug 28, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>> Down from 15 minutes to just 60 seconds
    >>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=23384>.
    >>>
    >>> Make sure your wireless network is using AES encryption, not TKIP or
    >>> (shudder) WEP!

    >> Or use SSL/SSH technology over the air.

    > Is TKIP being cracked a problem because people can "see" your traffic (in
    > which case your ssh connection is an excellent one), or because people
    > could "steal" your bandwidth?

    SSH Forwarding/OpenVPN (SSL) eliminate both (ever tried to login to an
    SSH port without the correct key?)

    Sailor Sam, Aug 28, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>> Down from 15 minutes to just 60 seconds
    >>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=23384>.
    >>>
    >>> Make sure your wireless network is using AES encryption, not TKIP or
    >>> (shudder) WEP!

    >> Or use SSL/SSH technology over the air.

    > Is TKIP being cracked a problem because people can "see" your traffic (in
    > which case your ssh connection is an excellent one), or because people
    > could "steal" your bandwidth?

    I should also say, for someone who claims to have been in business for
    12 years working with internet related technologies, you sure do ask
    some fucking n00b questions.

    Sailor Sam, Aug 28, 2009
  5. In message <>, Allistar wrote:

    > Is TKIP being cracked a problem because people can "see" your traffic ...
    > or because people could "steal" your bandwidth?

    Yes. Both.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 28, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Allistar wrote:

    >>> Is TKIP being cracked a problem because people can "see" your traffic (in
    >>> which case your ssh connection is an excellent one), or because people
    >>> could "steal" your bandwidth?

    >> I should also say, for someone who claims to have been in business for
    >> 12 years working with internet related technologies, you sure do ask
    >> some fucking n00b questions.

    > As I've said many times before, I won't lower myself to personally abusing
    > people. When others do it to me it's like water off a ducks back - it does
    > show something of you personality to other people though. Each to their own
    > I suppose.

    You'd rather imply abuse instead.
    Don't bullshit and old bullshitter.

    Sailor Sam, Aug 28, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Allistar wrote:

    >>> Is TKIP being cracked a problem because people can "see" your traffic (in
    >>> which case your ssh connection is an excellent one), or because people
    >>> could "steal" your bandwidth?

    >> SSH Forwarding/OpenVPN (SSL) eliminate both (ever tried to login to an
    >> SSH port without the correct key?)

    > I understand that ssh can be configured to require public/private key
    > authentication - that's how I run my ssh servers. I wonder if there are any
    > consumer grade routers that use ssh/ssl for access.

    You really don't know how to build your own router?

    Sailor Sam, Aug 28, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > I understand that ssh can be configured to require public/private key
    > authentication - that's how I run my ssh servers. I wonder if there are any
    > consumer grade routers that use ssh/ssl for access.

    Tomato, DDWRT, OpenWRT firmware all have https and ssh options, probably
    using the same ssh as your servers.

    victor, Aug 29, 2009
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    victor wrote:
    > Allistar wrote:
    >

    >> I understand that ssh can be configured to require public/private key
    >> authentication - that's how I run my ssh servers. I wonder if there
    >> are any
    >> consumer grade routers that use ssh/ssl for access.

    > Tomato, DDWRT, OpenWRT firmware all have https and ssh options, probably
    > using the same ssh as your servers.

    You'd think if he was all he claims to be he could have used google
    himself and figured it out. But I guess not.

    Sailor Sam, Aug 29, 2009