    Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing Center. As long as it
    works, I really don't care, but I was curious as to whether it should show
    or not. My wireless printer shows, but not TIVO.
    rll, Sep 30, 2007

  2. rll

    Lem Guest

    rll wrote:
    > I just purchased a TIVO HD with the wireless network connector. I
    > installed TIVO's desktop program and published my media files to the
    > program as instructed. The TIVO box found the network and will play my
    > music, video and photo files. But I noticed that the TIVO box does not
    > show as a device under Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing
    > Center. As long as it works, I really don't care, but I was curious as
    > to whether it should show or not. My wireless printer shows, but not TIVO.

    Vista, right? Try asking here:

    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?
    or
    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Sep 30, 2007

  3. "rll" <> wrote in message

    > photo files. But I noticed that the TIVO box does not show as a device
    > under Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing Center.

    I would never expect it to. TIVO does not posess a "Client for Microsoft
    Networks" or Microsoft's File & Print sharing,...and I would never expect it
    to participate in the MS Computer Browser Service.

    The *only* reason it can communicate at all with sharing files is via the
    TIVO Application that you installed on the PC.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Oct 1, 2007