Tivo movie transfer problem with Tivo Desktop and EtiVo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arawak, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    I downloaded EtiVo in order to transfer my programs from My 2 regular
    Tivo and my TivoHD but I am getting the following error message when I
    test connecting to them:

    "Trying to connect to http://102.168.2.xx/index.html Failed. Message
    was: System.Net.WebException.
    The remote server returned an error (503) Server Unavailable."

    All Tivos allow transferring per the Tivo.com site. I have also tried
    Tivo Desktop and have the same problems with the regular Tivos but I
    am able to see the Tivo HD programs.
    EtiVo actually identifies the standard tivos by their names "Living
    Roon" and Bed Room" but it does not see my "TivoHV".

    In the past, prior to using this new computer, I had Tivo Desktop and
    had no problems connecting to the Tivos and downloading the shows.
    That computer was running Windows XP.
    I am currently running Windows Vista.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Arawak
    Arawak, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Arawak

    Guest

    , Mar 23, 2008

  3. Arawak

    M.L. Guest

    >>I am currently running Windows Vista.
    >
    > Google: Protected Video Path Output Content Protection
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_Media_Path
    >
    > Good chance your running into vista's DRM.

    unDRMing isn't difficult. There are various freeware programs that allow
    you to hack those
    licensed files to remove the DRM restrictions. They really work. Note
    that you must download the licensed file to your computer first. Using a
    file licensed from another computer won't work (this is called
    individualization). See:
    http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protec...V-ASF-WMA-Windows-Media-Player.htm#fu4m13fix2
    M.L., Mar 24, 2008