    breeds over Christmas the speeds of NZ broadband will slow, on average, in
    the New Year.

    TiVo might stand for Telecom Is Very Overated.
    Gordon, Nov 1, 2009

  2. Gordon

    Richard Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Yep, 1 Novemember is when TiVo is launched in NZ. Now it has the ability to
    > really get serious on this country's boardband width. Thus I expect as she
    > breeds over Christmas the speeds of NZ broadband will slow, on average, in
    > the New Year.
    >
    > TiVo might stand for Telecom Is Very Overated.

    Doubt it, if you read the press releases its all SD low bitrate content
    they are pushing down the connection - and as there is still a cost to
    the content I actually think that there will be less pushed thru tivo
    then current pirated content by a large margin.
    Richard, Nov 1, 2009

  3. Gordon

    victor Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Yep, 1 Novemember is when TiVo is launched in NZ. Now it has the ability to
    > really get serious on this country's boardband width. Thus I expect as she
    > breeds over Christmas the speeds of NZ broadband will slow, on average, in
    > the New Year.
    >
    > TiVo might stand for Telecom Is Very Overated.

    Bring it on.
    The time people have to watch TV is fully saturated already.
    TiVo will probably reduce what the overly addicted already DL with BT.
    victor, Nov 1, 2009