    --
    Brandon Baker
    A+, Net+, MCSA, MCSE

    Brandon Baker, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Brandon Baker

    DST Guest

    My 2 cent:

    I would only mention MCSE in your case, because I consider this as the
    'highest' cert you have. But I would mention the version of your cert:
    MCSE for Windows 2000 (there is a big difference between NT4 and
    W2K/W2K3)

    This is what I do:

    My certs:
    - MCP
    - MCAD for .NET
    - MCSD for .NET
    - MCDBA for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    - MCSA for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    - MCSE for Microsoft Windows Server 2003

    I'm a consultant, and I work at the office of an important client of my
    company.

    My company values certifications highly, and motivates us to get
    certified. That's why I mention these certs in my signature on my
    company e-mail account.

    - MCSD for Microsoft .NET
    - MCSE for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    - MCDBA for Microsoft SQL Server 2000

    I've also an e-mail account at our client. There my sig only mentions
    'MCSD for Microsoft .NET', because I was doing mainly development and
    I'm the only MCSD for .NET there. I've done this because I want to
    stress my development expertise.

    But now my work is becoming more security related, and once I've got my
    MCSE/Security cert, I'll add that to my signature, to stress that I've
    been improving my skills for my changed work environment.

    To summarize:
    - for company e-mail, I mention all my 'highest' certs to promote the
    professional image of our company
    - for client e-mail, I select the certs according to the function I
    have
    - I don't mention certs in my private e-mail
    - I always mention the version of my cert

    I don't have an up-to-date business card.

    DST

    DST, Jul 28, 2005

  3. So do you list those certs line by line under your name, just like you did
    below?

    Brandon Baker, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Brandon Baker

    DST Guest

    Yes, like this (BTW, I work in Belgium):

    ---------------------------------------
    Didier Stevens
    - MCSD for Microsoft .NET
    - MCSE for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    - MCDBA for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    Contraste Europe NV

    DST, Jul 28, 2005
  5. As you see I only list my MCSA (and do not mention that it is on 2000) and I
    list it after my name. I work in Canada.
    --
    Mitchell D. Garvis, MCSA
    www.e-mitch.com

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0Y2ggR2FydmlzLCBNQ1NB?=, Jul 28, 2005
  6. I don't mention any of my titles/certs in e-mail or on posts...but I do list
    them on a resume.

    I work in the U.S.

    --
    Bob Christian II
    http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

    "Mitch Garvis, MCSA" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Bob Christian, Jul 29, 2005
  7. Brandon Baker

    R Guest

    Hmm. Mine would be a bit cumbersome:

    - MCDBA for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    - MCSE: Security for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    - MCSA: Security for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    - MCSE for Microsoft Windows 2000
    - MCSA for Microsoft Windows 2000
    - MCSE for Microsoft Windows NT
    - Security+

    R, Jul 29, 2005
  8. So what do you guys who have a lot of certs put. DST makes sense when he
    said only to put relevant info, but what about some who has 4 or 5 certs
    that are all relevant. For instance, what about someone who has Security+,
    MCSE 2k, MCSE 03 Security, CCNA, CISSP? What should this person put after
    their name on an email or business card?

    Brandon Baker, Jul 29, 2005
  9. Why add MCSA when yoou have MCSE since by default if you have MCSE, you have
    MCSA? Always sort of makes me laugh when people list ALL their certificates,
    including MCP.

    By the way, I am an MCSA 2000 en route for MCSA 2003. If you are posting
    resumes, you will sometimes be overqualified and passed aside if you use your
    MCSE degree. Be careful what you use, tailor it to your audience.

    My last instructor said the gold standard was the MCSA 2003, that's where
    most of the jobs are, relative to MCSE 2003. There's only so much designing
    work out there, anyway.

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9j?=, Jul 30, 2005
  10. Brandon Baker

    R Guest

    MCSE doesn't necssarily mean you have MCSA, but I agree you only need to
    display the highest level cert. So, I wouldn't bother listing MCSA, or
    Security+ as I have MCSE: Security. But, it is relevant to show different
    operating systems at MCSE.

    For me, maybe something like this:

    R MCSE (2003:Security, 2000, NT4), MCDBA

    R, Jul 30, 2005
  11. For the MCNGP folks - How about a IKWTFIAD cert?
    I Know WTF I Am Doing

    Bob Christian, Aug 3, 2005
  12. Brandon Baker

    Jeffery Guest

    How is the Cost of living in Belgium?

    Jeffery, Aug 15, 2005
  13. Brandon Baker

    DST Guest

    Good

    DST, Aug 17, 2005
  14. Brandon Baker

    Jeffery Guest

    I currently live in Michigan, and I had a job interview for a company in
    Beligum

    Jeffery, Aug 17, 2005
  15. Brandon Baker

    DST Guest

    OK, I see.

    I'm Belgian. Mail me your questions at my GMail address.

    DST

    DST, Aug 18, 2005