    Not too noticeable. This will bother some people, and some won't mind.

    More information including screenshot here:

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa111.html#titprob

    The Dude, Nov 7, 2005

  2. "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns97072B048421thedudenowherecom@207.217.125.201...
    > Apparently all US Titanic SE Special Edition DVDs have a video encoding
    > error occuring in one frame at 1:19:19 time stamp showing as pixelated
    > video noise on Jack's face.
    >
    > Not too noticeable. This will bother some people, and some won't mind.
    >
    > More information including screenshot here:
    >
    > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa111.html#titprob

    I'm as anal about my DVDs as anybody. However, I think that an error of this
    type would only bother me if it occurred on an A-list title. _Titanic_ is
    far from being my favorite movie and Leonardo DiCaprio is far from being my
    favorite actor.

    Now, if this error like this occurred in the upcoming _King Kong_, during
    the scene when Kong is carrying Fay Wray out of the hotel room, I would be
    devastated. I would have no choice but to go to "The Entertainment Capitol
    of the World" and picket Warner Brothers.

    Even if Paramount decides to re-master _Titanic_ and offer replacement
    copies, I wouldn't even bother going through the replacement procedure.

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 7, 2005

  3. The Dude

    Mike Guest

    It's not only the movie, but where it occurs. The 1 frame glitch is in a
    not too important reaction shot. If it were on the final moments of the
    sinking, I might feel differently.

    Mike, Nov 9, 2005
  4. The Dude

    Guest

    Titanic may not be my favorite film, but we built an 11 seat movie
    theater in our home with an 8 foot screen and the encoding error would
    drive me crazy. I hope Paramount offers a replacement for these
    defective discs. Pretty much like Universal offered remastered discs of
    the "Back to the Future" Triology when there was an error in format the
    widescreen version of the film.

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

    -John
    tcfoxfan

    Mike wrote:
    > It's not only the movie, but where it occurs. The 1 frame glitch is in a
    > not too important reaction shot. If it were on the final moments of the
    > sinking, I might feel differently.
    >

    > One-Shot Scot wrote:
    > >
    > > "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    > > > Apparently all US Titanic SE Special Edition DVDs have a video encoding
    > > > error occuring in one frame at 1:19:19 time stamp showing as pixelated
    > > > video noise on Jack's face.
    > > >
    > > > Not too noticeable. This will bother some people, and some won't mind.
    > > >
    > > > More information including screenshot here:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa111.html#titprob

    > > I'm as anal about my DVDs as anybody. However, I think that an error of this
    > > type would only bother me if it occurred on an A-list title. _Titanic_ is
    > > far from being my favorite movie and Leonardo DiCaprio is far from being my
    > > favorite actor.
    > >
    > > Now, if this error like this occurred in the upcoming _King Kong_, during
    > > the scene when Kong is carrying Fay Wray out of the hotel room, I would be
    > > devastated. I would have no choice but to go to "The Entertainment Capitol
    > > of the World" and picket Warner Brothers.
    > >
    > > Even if Paramount decides to re-master _Titanic_ and offer replacement
    > > copies, I wouldn't even bother going through the replacement procedure.

    , Nov 12, 2005