Tiscali

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Roger C, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. Roger C

    Roger C Guest

    following all the trouble Tiscali customers have been having things appear
    to be back to normal. However have sent this to the CEO today. Think it
    speaks for itself.

    Roger C

    e-mail: 13

    13th September 2006

    Mary Turner

    CEO Tiscali UK

    Dear Mary

    Thought I would follow up my earlier complaints about Tiscali's news server
    being down for more than two weeks with a quick summary of events since the
    2/09/06.

    A colleague of yours [and here I beg forgiveness as I have forgotten his
    name - I think it was Quinn] phoned me on Friday 8th September and gave me
    an update, promising to call back on Monday 11/09/06. This he duly did and
    the upshot of his call was that he informed me that Tiscali were no longer
    supporting news groups. I expressed my grave disappointment that a service
    Tiscali had been providing since I subscribed to your Broadband service had
    been so peremptorily terminated with no notification to your customers. More
    evidence of the appalling customer service Tiscali have been offering since
    the August Bank Holiday weekend.

    Indeed for two weeks the technical help teams appeared to initially ignore
    the problem, and then stated that engineers were looking into it. Yet I was
    being told that Tiscali were no longer providing the service.

    I am amazed that no one in Tiscali told the technical staff, who in the
    nature of the PBI everywhere, were taking all the flak from irate
    customers - myself included. Indeed such a major step affecting many
    customers could quite easily have been posted on the web site and on the
    on-line FAQ and technical support pages but wasn't. Yet more evidence of the
    appalling service Tiscali have been offering since the August Bank Holiday
    weekend.

    Imagine my surprise on Tuesday evening, when purely for nostalgia's sake, I
    tried my newsgroups via the Tiscali news server and received posts just like
    the good old days of mid-August. If Tiscali are going to withdraw a service
    they should do it more often - it seems to cure problems quicker than the
    technical help teams - or was it another example of shoddy customer service,
    where there was little or no research as to the current status of the
    problem before the telephone call to me on Monday morning. Yet more evidence
    of the appalling service Tiscali have been offering since the August Bank
    Holiday weekend.

    My phone call on Monday ended more in sorrow than anger, and a fairly
    amicable agreement was reached. However Tiscali's credibility took a massive
    blow on Tuesday when I found the news server was back up and running.

    From e-mails with other customers I know that some have purchased
    subscriptions to news reader services because of Tiscali's problems. These
    individuals have suffered financially as well as two weeks inconvenience we
    have all suffered

    ..

    Yours faithfully

    Roger Curtis

    cc uk.rec.walking; uk.rec.motorcaravans; uk.railway;
    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Roger C, Sep 13, 2006

  2. Roger C

    Jimbob Guest

    Roger C wrote:
    > following all the trouble Tiscali customers have been having things appear
    > to be back to normal. However have sent this to the CEO today. Think it
    > speaks for itself.

    <snip>

    Yes. I was with Tiscali for over 3 years and they have been nothing but
    trouble. But the recent down time prompted me to leave. So here i am 7
    days later with a new ISP.

    Nice letter btw :)

    Jimbob, Sep 14, 2006